Play live

tenk27

tenk27

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When you play live poker, other than the cards that come to you do you think anything else can affect the government game?
How important do you consider your behavior, calmness or look?
I think the look and a little nervousness can greatly affect the end result!
While playing and raising roles, I think it is good to look the opponent in the eye, because the eyes and the look can betray his safety or insecurity.
What other details do you think are important?:angel:

G

gustav197poker

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think observation is definitely important. If, for example, you observe that at a table a player goes all in many times and then reloads his stack again and then at the same table the player with the largest stack decides to end his game, it is the best time for to enter in these table. Because you can distinguish the stronger opponent who leaves and the weaker player who continues on it. Said opponent should become your main target.
Through observation you can get better references when you enter to play a game.
Already in the game, looking your opponents in the eye can help in some cases. But it could also turn against you when you realize that your opponent had the best hand.
If you like to look a lot you have to prepare yourself for the villains who will stare back at you, or even some might make fun of you with the aim of making you nervous and that you end up revealing information about your hand.
I do not recommend the intimidating game unless you are an experienced player and are prepared for a lot of dynamics of table.
Greetings.

Mamkin_Pokerist

Mamkin_Pokerist

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that to play live poker you need to at least get acquainted with the basics of psychology and physiognomy

tenk27

tenk27

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think observation is definitely important. If, for example, you observe that at a table a player goes all in many times and then reloads his stack again and then at the same table the player with the largest stack decides to end his game, it is the best time for to enter in these table. Because you can distinguish the stronger opponent who leaves and the weaker player who continues on it. Said opponent should become your main target.
Through observation you can get better references when you enter to play a game.
Already in the game, looking your opponents in the eye can help in some cases. But it could also turn against you when you realize that your opponent had the best hand.
If you like to look a lot you have to prepare yourself for the villains who will stare back at you, or even some might make fun of you with the aim of making you nervous and that you end up revealing information about your hand.
I do not recommend the intimidating game unless you are an experienced player and are prepared for a lot of dynamics of table.
Greetings.
I agree, but the look can also make him nervous But watching the players can definitely affect the positive result for you 😉

SPANKYSN

SPANKYSN

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Don't worry about your nervousness being a "tell"...most players could not distinguish between looking nervous because you are bluffing or because you have "the Nuts".

Beanfacekilla

Beanfacekilla

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think the most important thing to focus on first would be the strategy and development of a thought process. Understanding why you are betting, checking, folding is paramount. I believe most rec players lack a fundamental understanding of the game. If you play good cards and value bet relentlessly you will make money in general over the long term, but knowing when to bet and when to pot control is what I mean by fundamentals.

Worry about tells later in the game IMO. Learn to crawl before you walk. Most of the opponents you'll face at live low stakes cash games and small MTTs aren't wizards and they likely don't have a solid understanding of tells or what to look for anyways.

I play live 1/2 and 2/5 cash games FWIW. I think 1/2 is very beatable and 2/5 is too but opponents will be tougher there.

pykubepx111

pykubepx111

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi all! For me personally, when playing live poker, dark glasses are an important attribute. They give the comfort that makes me more calm when I participate in the distribution, and therefore it becomes more difficult for the opponent to play against me

rabman50

rabman50

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When playing live I like to observe the other players at the table whenever they are performing an action. Some of the obvious things you can discover is how experienced they are. How do they handle chips. How do they stack chips. I also like to watch my opponent in the hand while the flop comes out. I wear a baseball hat so that it is hard for them to tell the I am watching them. Most people are so intent on the flop that they don't notice that I'm observing then. Beyond that I just take note of how they play. Are they aggressive or passive and what kind of hands do they showdown.

Organize a Home Poker Game