Did Phil Hellmuth's latest rant at the WSOP go too far?

blkmoney12

blkmoney12

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Phil Hellmuth seems to be doing pretty well with the 2021 WSOP so far with four final tables and coming oh so close to his 16th WSOP bracelet. As you all likely know of Phil's latest episode firing off the F-bombs and threatening to burn the place down (he did later retract his comment in a joking manner) during the final table of the $10k Limit 7 Card Stud Event, there was a lot of criticsm from other poker pros and personalities suggesting Phil may need to re-evaluate his table antics. So far there doesn't appear to be any penalties issued to Phil. The article printed by Cardplayer.com has included comments by WSOP commentator, Norman Chad, who expressed deep disappointment. (linked below) There were a lot of other poker folks weighing in on this one, too.

My question is not whether or not he should be penalized but HOW he should be penalized. What are your suggestions?

https://www.cardplayer.com/poker-new...table-behavior

Pokerstudy

Pokerstudy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I have been around entertainers, they just don't understand when to quit sometimes...they are not in touch with the everyday person, so they do stupid shit. I have seen it time and time again....Phil seems like a great guy, does amazing work for charities, he was just overloaded on his persona...it is easy to do. Hell, I knew a celeb just as a friend and it even cracked me ...

There is a whole other world of being a celeb, one that I hope to god never encounter, he was not talking from his heart...I can tell you that shit.

Last edited:
F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The real issue here is the preferential treatment being given to famous players like Phil Helmuth.

* Unknown player from a foreign country - Disqualification and livetime ban from all future events!

* Phil Helmuth - Ah its just Phil no need to do anything!

SPANKYSN

SPANKYSN

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Phil and the wsop should be held accountable. This type of behaviour is unacceptable and inexcusable. There should definitely be some sort of sanction that hits Phil where it hurts...not money, but suspension from playing further in the WSOP to earn his next bracelet.

WSOP