call

flop 5...4 different soots on board

2 cks...

i bet 350
Or raise calls....
fold

river 8 c..2 clubs on board

original raiser bets 350
i raise to 1500 oon a bluff knowin he is weak...

he thinks for like 4 minutes and calls

i say good call and muck...
he then mucks his cards w/o showing anything...

what is the ruling here??

and what the fq is he doing callin with K 7 kicker..lol...another story..lol

Last edited:
stormswa

stormswa

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
he does not have to show once you muck your hand, you coincide the pot to him. Now you can request to see his cards and he has to show but if you do that too much its very bad etiquette.

mrsnake3695

mrsnake3695

I'm confused
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
He wins.

Once you mucked the hand was over and you opponent won. It doesn't matter at that point what he does with his cards.

arkadiy

arkadiy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How did he much if he CALLED and won the pot?

He can't muck if it goes to a showdown and he won........

What are you guys talking about? What if he has total crap and he had actually lost? On online poker there is ALWAYS a hand shown on the showdown.

stormswa

stormswa

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How did he much if he CALLED and won the pot?

He can't muck if it goes to a showdown and he won........

normal response from a online only player.

yes you can muck your hand after you win the pot, you DO NOT have to show in a live game. It is up to your opponent to request to see your hand but in cash games we dont really care what you had as long as I get the money.

hell in live cash games you dont even flip your cards up when you guys are both all in preflop.

usually the guy who did betting shows and then other guy either mucks or shows better hand.

mrsnake3695

mrsnake3695

I'm confused
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
he does not have to show once you muck your hand, you coincide the pot to him. Now you can request to see his cards and he has to show but if you do that too much its very bad etiquette.

Damn beat me to it by a few seconds. Although I'm not sure he has to show since he called and wasn't the bettor/raiser. He would have to show if the bettor showed his cards of course in order to show he had the best hand.

I believe that if player A bets and player B calls and shows his hand player A has to show if requested. I don't think it's required the other way around if you know what I mean.

arkadiy

arkadiy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
normal response from a online only player.

yes you can muck your hand after you win the pot, you DO NOT have to show in a live game. It is up to your opponent to request to see your hand but in cash games we dont really care what you had as long as I get the money.

Ya but aren't we playing ONLINE poker? :rolleyes:

daxter70

daxter70

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it was a live tournament....DONKEYS GALORE!!!!!!!!

arkadiy

arkadiy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How the hell were we supposed to know it was a live tournament? (even though I obviously missed something because everyone else knew it was a live tournament)

stormswa

stormswa

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How the hell were we supposed to know it was a live tournament? (even though I obviously missed something because everyone else knew it was a live tournament)

you need rulings a lot when you play online poker

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

JimboJim

JimboJim

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
lol arkadiy...you might want to check out This Thread. Don't feel bad we've all done it.

Jack Daniels

Jack Daniels

Charcoal Mellowed
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
One other point (that I think Storm sort of touched on above) is that you should not ask to see your opponents cards if he simply mucked and gave the pot to you before your cards were exposed. If you're in the hand with him and ask to see his cards and it turns out he has the better hand, you just lost the pot and wind up looking like a moron because you couldn't just accept a gift.

Stick66

Stick66

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
One other point (that I think Storm sort of touched on above) is that you should not ask to see your opponents cards if he simply mucked and gave the pot to you before your cards were exposed. If you're in the hand with him and ask to see his cards and it turns out he has the better hand, you just lost the pot and wind up looking like a moron because you couldn't just accept a gift.
If you ask to see an opponent's cards in some joints, you might not make it through the lot to your car. I believe the rule was put in place to look for cheating.

Jack Daniels

Jack Daniels

Charcoal Mellowed
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you ask to see an opponent's cards in some joints, you might not make it through the lot to your car.
While this ^^^ may be true in some places...

From Robert's Rules of Poker, v10...
5. Any player who has been dealt in may request to see any hand that has been called, even if the opponent's hand or the winning hand has been mucked. However, this is a privilege that may be revoked if abused. If a player other than the pot winner asks to see a hand that has been folded, that hand is dead. If the winning player asks to see a losing player’s hand, both hands are live, and the best hand wins.

The bolded comment above was the point I was getting at.