Listen or not listen to music on the table?

lnm2308

lnm2308

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
many times we are playing live and the general noise of the room (cards, general nonsense conversations) can deconcentrate us, so sometimes it is good to put on the headphones and isolate ourselves from the world, but it leads us to lose valuable information that can provide us our rivals when they talk, why do you think? In general, is it better or not to listen to music during our sessions?:confused:

Ventoman777

Ventoman777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
many times we are playing live and the general noise of the room (cards, general nonsense conversations) can deconcentrate us, so sometimes it is good to put on the headphones and isolate ourselves from the world, but it leads us to lose valuable information that can provide us our rivals when they talk, why do you think? In general, is it better or not to listen to music during our sessions?:confused:

It is important to choose the right music. If you are a grinder who rolls a bunch of tables for rakeback, then you need energetic music, it speeds up the speed of thinking, and if you roll a few tables, you need something calm, since fast thinking has a bad effect on the quality of decisions. Well, it’s better to skate without music, since almost any music reduces concentration, except for music, which on the contrary is specially created to improve it

azforlife

azforlife

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
An old Greek man (multi millionaire) said to me in Nairobi that "this is what's killing you" while touching my headphones. There's most definitely truth to that, no matter which way you dice it. If your win rate is ok with music then go for it. If you're break even or a losing player think twice

SPANKYSN

SPANKYSN

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I prefer not to listen to music when I play live, but do occasionally online.

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't listen to music during live games because I don't want to miss audible tells, or poker players talking etc. (I am terrible at lip reading). I sometimes listen to music before the game to get me into the mood, but once the game starts: it has my undivided attention.

Follow-up question: Who here listens to music while roaming the forums on this site? With no tells to spot and no conversations to overhear, you bet I am usually listening to "poker music." :D

umyt

umyt

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I listen to my favorite music
to play quietly

luckyou

luckyou

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Chill out is good to calm you down after e tilt or if you want to be more concentrate on hand you play

gabryyyel31

gabryyyel31

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
When I play online I usually listen a commercial radio station in the background :p

heeyjean

heeyjean

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It helps me a lot to concentrate, particularly calm musics or those i know the lyrics. Also helps me to not hear my mom conversations or television, so i always play listening something.

Redbull199030

Redbull199030

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
in a live tournament I think you shouldn’t listen to music, but in online I often listen to music while playing

Only_player

Only_player

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I am helped by non-aggressive electronic music in online poker. I would not advise myself to do this, although for some individuals it helps to hide their emotions

R

Roger1960

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it would have to be relaxing music, not too loud. Keep you calm and avoid other noises in the room. Make sure you can still hear other players.

Y

YKCaiTLH1314

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It’s fine to listen music while playing only if you are not actually listening to it. It should be a pretend.
You are losing out lots of information if you are not listening to the talk on the table

MDTed

MDTed

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I only put my headphones on if there's someone nuts near me. For example, a few nights ago someone was atonally humming continuously next to me. I waited a few minutes, it never stopped so I got out the Beats and once he finally busted out I took them off.

Misofer

Misofer

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I never put music when I'm playing live. For me is better to be concentrated in the game and other people.

vokrugdookola

vokrugdookola

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
background music like ASOT is good for playing poker

G

GWU73

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is war! No distractions. Well, except that cute waitress.

P

possle

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm listening music while playing poker. Of course it shouldn't disturb your concentration. I hate players on live events with their head phones, who are disrupting the fluent procedure.

Galmedic

Galmedic

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I use my earbuds on low to get rid of other sounds in the room

L

lezghin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it seems to me .. that this is a personal matter for everyone. someone likes to listen to music .. another likes to concentrate completely on the game, so it would be wrong to say .. that it is true or not ... is easy then you can listen to music ... and if not .. then the music will not help .. although it’s still possible to relax:flute:

izmoroc

izmoroc

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Listen, definitely listen!
I can't play without it(((
It should be calm and quite, usually some chill out or relax)

V

Vzlafree

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree when they say with the right music maybe it could work. But when you are focused on the game what happens on the outside should not affect you

R

Richardszabo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't often play live poker. I don't think it's disturbing at all. That's the only thing that doesn't distract me. In my opinion, it is enough to pay attention to body language, sounds are not important!

SightUnseen

SightUnseen

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I choose not to listen to music when playing live. I'd rather be aware of my surrounding and alert to players emotions and tendencies at the table by their talk and emotions to get info on them. Any info is great info for future tells.