Ncsaba1988

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
HU
Chips
Hey.
Once i played in london on live table.
I dont speak fluently the english but when i played on the tablet many people talked to me. I hated it. I just wanted to be quiet and play.
What do you think,on the table must to talk or no?

S

Sopt

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SI
Chips
You must play your game really. If that's being completely silent that's fine. If you want to talk to others and table allows that, that is also fine. Other players might have noticed that you're intimidated by talking to you. Being intimidated affects how a person plays, so it's completely natural that they would abuse that behind the table.
Some people also love to talk and pay really close attention to their opponents how they respond, as it might give them a tell on what kind of hand their opponent has.

So if you're more of a silent person behind the table in general I would just focus on that. Try to ignore the conversation. Focus completely on the game. They might think you're being a bit of a weird guy, but if they do not get even a flinch out of you, they will give up sooner than later.
If you're a talkative guy generally, but you just feel that language barrier is to big there I would try to embrace it and talk with them. There is really nothing wrong you can say. It might give them a chuckle and if they are generally nice people, they will try to help you explain yourself better.
If you run into idiots however, it doesn't matter if they talk or not. They will remain idiots and you really shouldn't play them any attention. :)

Emily Trott

Emily Trott

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Hey.
I dont speak fluently the english but when i played on the tablet many people talked to me. I hated it. I just wanted to be quiet and play.
They are probably just being nice, like most poker players. :) I understand you being a little self conscious at the table because of language, and I feel that way too for a different reason. My suggestion is to smile, acknowledge what they say as well as you can, then be quiet and play. No one will think less of you. :)

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You should do whatever helps you play your best game and makes you the most comfortable. Be nice when people attempt to talk to you - but don't encourage the conversation if you prefer to be quiet.

I love to talk at the table - but I can usually tell when someone else feels differently and I don't try to engage with them much.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
You dont have to talk but you should just be friendly. If you do that people for the most part will just leave you alone.

simon307

simon307

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
DE
Chips
They want to manipulate you, get you out of your mind. Ignore them!

takinitSLEAZEE

takinitSLEAZEE

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
People have mouths and they're going use them for everything, especially talking. Welcome to the world. I really hate to think of talking and playing poker as "multi-tasking" because that's what it seems some players are describing. Social distancing has got it's limits and the poker table, imo, is the barricade.

78mariusz

78mariusz

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you want to quickly end conversations at the table simply start answering in your language. This will certainly surprise them and when they understand that you do not speak English then they will not speak to you more. Simple ;)

G0930

G0930

Captain Fathermucker, Satty Aficionado
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AT
Chips
Hey.
Of course you don't have to talk but people always will. I had many livetables with enjoyable talks.
But If you want to avoid being talked to I recommend headphones

simon307

simon307

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
DE
Chips
If you want to quickly end conversations at the table simply start answering in your language. This will certainly surprise them and when they understand that you do not speak English then they will not speak to you more. Simple ;)
hahaha nice

jonaselloco

jonaselloco

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
excellent tactic.
Even speaking English it works hahahah
Greetings:giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle:

Jogo4

Jogo4

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
if they're talking too much make a harsh criticism of someone at the table who no longer talks to you.