Johnny Law's WSOP Circuit Rail May 3-15

johnnylawford

johnnylawford

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hey all! I'm going to be playing a number of tournaments in the upcoming wsop Circuit Series being held in Calgary, Alberta May 3rd-15th and plan to post updates on each event during breaks here. The events I'll be playing are:

• Event 2: $400 NLH Black Chip Bounty
  • Event 3: $400 4 Flight NLH
  • Event 4: $600 NLH Mystery Bounty
  • Event 11: $1700 Main Event

Updates will be on Tik Tok in the form of quick 30 second summaries with the possibility of live updates if I make an FT. Feel free to watch/comment, and let me know if you'll be there in person!

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good luck! I love these circuit stops and try to play in the ones at Harrah's in Cherokee, NC when I can. There is actually one coming up soon but I need to save my money for the WSOP right now. If I do okay then I can maybe go to the one in Aug.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Best of luck on the series. I played in one here in March. Love playing the circuit events. They are a total blast and great value. Good luck and keep us updated on the games

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Sending good vibes and the best of luck to you, Johnny! Bring back the money!

johnnylawford

johnnylawford

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Best of luck on the series. I played in one here in March. Love playing the circuit events. They are a total blast and great value. Good luck and keep us updated on the games
Awesome, did they run a Mystery Bounty at your stop? I was looking at a few other circuit series and it seems like they run one about half the time or less.

Andyreas

Andyreas

Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Good luck!

Hope you'll have at least one deep run similar to the big wins you recently posted! 🤓

Will be following this thread!

johnnylawford

johnnylawford

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well event 2 wasn’t even worth posting about -3 hours of nothing in a turbo followed by QT suited getting in for our last 8bb from big blind. Event 3 should have some more post flop play, or at a minimum something worth sharing.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Well event 2 wasn’t even worth posting about -3 hours of nothing in a turbo followed by QT suited getting in for our last 8bb from big blind. Event 3 should have some more post flop play, or at a minimum something worth sharing.
Some days just go that way. Hoping it goes better for you in event 3.
Awesome, did they run a Mystery Bounty at your stop? I was looking at a few other circuit series and it seems like they run one about half the time or less.
Somehow missed this response. I don't think they had one at ours to be honest. Would actually be fun to play in one of those.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
gl Johnny I don't think I'll be getting over there. Our main highway was closed today due to flooding :(

johnnylawford

johnnylawford

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
gl Johnny I don't think I'll be getting over there. Our main highway was closed today due to flooding :(
That sucks, any plans to make it down to Vegas for the WSOP series next month?

Some days just go that way. Hoping it goes better for you in event 3.

Somehow missed this response. I don't think they had one at ours to be honest. Would actually be fun to play in one of those.
TY TY, I always say turbos have no place in live poker -you get the wrong table or wrong dealer and you end up seeing 4-5 hands a level. I wouldn't be surprised if live turbos were higher variance than online hypers.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips

TY TY, I always say turbos have no place in live poker -you get the wrong table or wrong dealer and you end up seeing 4-5 hands a level. I wouldn't be surprised if live turbos were higher variance than online hypers.
I think your right about the variance on live Turbos. I played in one once and literally did not put in one chip for 2 levels. Not kidding. I never was in the blind once due to the slowness of the table and the game with those 10 Minuit levels. Never played one of those since and never will again.

johnnylawford

johnnylawford

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Showers event 4: QQ < a turned set before first break. One more left to go!

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
No. Not anymore. My partner was just diagnosed with hard palate cancer (cancer on the roof of her mouth). She's already really ill... & now this on top of it.
Take the next one down for me!

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
No. Not anymore. My partner was just diagnosed with hard palate cancer (cancer on the roof of her mouth). She's already really ill... & now this on top of it.
Take the next one down for me!
I am so sorry to see this is happening to your partner. Hoping and wishing for the best for you both.

No day 2 in the $400, but made a cash. Out for $759.

Run Good Fitness on Tik Tok

View attachment 331789
Great run mate. Congrats on the cash.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I am so sorry to see this is happening to your partner. Hoping and wishing for the best for you both.
Thanks. I am so crushed. She's had such a rough go. I am grateful to be able to spend most of the day with her.

johnnylawford

johnnylawford

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Decided to skip the main event today to play SCOOP and GG World Festival Events. Hopefully I'll have an opportunity to get down for a WSOP event or two next month, but most likely won't be playing live for the next little while.

Thanks for the rail all, I appreciate all the support from the community!

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I have been checking the results and looking for your name and was really hoping to see you doing great in it.... & was really hoping to see a great result in the Main. Hope it was a fun experience.

WSOP