Jerry Yang wins the World Series of Poker (WSOP) 2007!

Stick66

Stick66

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Admin need to get together and discuss this so that in can be avoided when possible in the future
Excellent point. Yes, I think all staff need to be on the same page. It's obvious that JD has a different approach to this than DM & Nick.

R

reshot

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I wish Tuan had won, cant wait to see it on the telly.

Nick

Nick

CC
Administrator
Total posts
Chips
Hey all,

Sorry if anyone didn't want to know the outcome, I didn't mean to spoil it. The simple fact was - this is huge news and it deserved its own thread so that it got a worthy amount of attention.

Soz combu et al.

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
All this reminds me of the time 'many years ago now' when our own Frank Bruno went out fight Mike Tyson.

As it was on around 3am UK time and in those dark distant days only available via radio (i think) it was to shown on tv at 9.30 am

So up we got, only hear the announcer say "Now here is a replay of last nights fight where Frank Bruno fought bravely in his defeat by Mike Tyson" :p :D doh!!

nateofdeath

nateofdeath

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it doesn't bother me. i only turned my computer on this morning to see who won. but even ESPN is sensitive to the 'spoiler' issue. i took the picture below from their site...

-n

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    103 KB · Views: 98
stormswa

stormswa

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ummm can we not destroy another thread by just fighting again, just change title for the few that dont want to know and lets move on please. :rolleyes:

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it doesn't bother me. i only turned my computer on this morning to see who won. but even ESPN is sensitive to the 'spoiler' issue. i took the picture below from their site...

-n

thats quite funny, especially bearing in mind what's on their main page

Attachments

• lolespn.JPG
    lolespn.JPG
    185.4 KB · Views: 68
jbbrown064

jbbrown064

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah, someone in my office came in today and wanted to hold out until it was televised. That lasted about 15 minutes.

nateofdeath

nateofdeath

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
thats quite funny, especially bearing in mind what's on their main page

plus they're only concerned about the events they're airing.

it may be difficult or silly, but i can still see why people wouldn't want to know

-n

X

xraidedpimpn

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i was gunning for scotty nugyen wen i heard he was out i really didnt give a crap

vanquish

vanquish

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If Alex wins that AK v 88 coin flip, he wins the tournament.

arkadiy

arkadiy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If Alex wins that AK v 88 coin flip, he wins the tournament.

Ya. I think he was definitely the most skilled out of the people there, he went from 9th place to 4th.

I really wanted Alex to win but at the same time knew none of these people which made it a little bit boring :rolleyes:

vanquish

vanquish

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah, this FT is going to make for terrible TV.

4Aces

4Aces

is watching you
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
lol i hope everyone who plays on fulltilt doesnt mind spoilers.

Shot at 2007-07-18

mrsnake3695

mrsnake3695

I'm confused
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Speaking to the sub-plot spoiler issue.

Worst spoiler ever:

Back when the US was playing Russia in hockey at the Lake Placid olympics (the "do you believe in mircales" game), the game was tape delayed on ABC. So myself and millions of others were wtching the game in the late afternoon without knowing the outcome. (All news outlets were very careful not to say what happened).

On the break between the 1st and second period right when the period ended a local news announcer came on with a newsbreak and said "US wins against Russia in a thrilling upset". There was no way to avoid it especially since it happened durring the broadcast of the game itself.

The news reporter was never heard from again.

Now that was a spoiler.

P

pirates66

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
lol i hope everyone who plays on fulltilt doesnt mind spoilers.

Shot at 2007-07-18

Yeah, I logged on to FT earlier today and saw that... I was hoping to not know who won until they showed in on ESPN.

Oh well.

crancko

crancko

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Stop Yang Initiative

Hmm, cant really take the spoiler issue seriously. poker site.... Winner of the biggest poker tournament in the world gets a mention... well duh...

As for the winner - and trying to relate to topic - I hereby announce the Stop Yang Initiative

The sole purpose is to hunt down and slap rake players and other accountant types who have sneaked into this wonderfull game.

We are playing a game with historical connections to Wild Bill Hickok, Tommy Hull, Minsky's Follies and Bugsy Siegel. This isnt church bingo. Bible bashers, right minded accountants and people from the tax agencies of the world should be naturally banned.

And as a natural evolution; any trickster, hacker or generally misbehaving individual will naturally try to tilt the game in their favour. That being by using marked cards, collusion, bots or whatnot. Our duty is to break their kneecaps - not to pray for them seeing the light and finding the right path.

If Jerry is Yang - we need more Yen!

Glad to get the rant of my chest. Have a good one...!

Crummy

Crummy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Crap I found out on MSN.com.

It is my first tab's homepage, while cardschat is my second. I looked down and boom there it was......There was no way of not knowing.

We just need that thing from MIB that erases everybodys memory.

*FLASH*.....Ok everybody Jerry Yang did NOT win the 2007 wsop and tater tots are yummy!!

There nobody knows know.

WSOP