I've never seen this before

fullclock

fullclock

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've been playing poker for 17 years and I've never seen anything like it.

demesquita

demesquita

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I once saw my table get AK, AK, KK, AA... the board presented a royal to one of the AKs and the KK guy was sobbing in the end. :)

karla00778

karla00778

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Saludos

La mano más loca que vi en mi vida fue cuando jugábamos No Limit Hold'em a 4 manos. 3 de nosotros vimos el fracaso. Yo tenía 22, mi hermano 55, mi amigo tenía JJ. Todos tiramos un set. Hubo algunas apuestas y subidas. Mi amigo con el JJ hace all-in. Doblo mi juego de 2 después de poner más de $ 100 en el bote. Mi hermano llama con su juego de 5. Mi amigo está bailando y celebrando "¡Solo hay una carta en la baraja!" Da la vuelta a la carta del turn y bam es el 5. No atrapó su jota en el river. Buen bote alrededor de $ 700.

es por eso que no se puede subestimar las cartas de los demás jugadores. Cualquier cosa puede pasar en las mesas .....:cool::):):)

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have never seen a sequence of hands quite like this before..

A hand last night in a live cash game.. Players were dealt, in order:

Me: 55
Next Player: 66
Next Player: 77
Next Player: 88
Next Player:9T

Has anyone ever seen something like this before?

Yup - it's pretty sick when it happens :-

AA - UTG
JJ
KK
TT - me
QQ
62d - BB

Flop was 762 Turn was 2 River was X

Everyone was all-in by the turn

62d dragged in a massive pot and then announced that he had to go do something and left the table within 20 minutes!

R

redsfan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Things like this is why i dont think anyone can trust any online poker sites in operation today.Try to deal some of these hands in your local friday night game.Only online will this happen.

demesquita

demesquita

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Things like this is why i dont think anyone can trust any online poker sites in operation today.Try to deal some of these hands in your local friday night game.Only online will this happen.

Not true. It happens live too.
My example above happened on a live table.
Let's stop blaming the sites for this or that, the algorithm is random. You - and by "you" I mean lots of people - just see more online because you see much more hands online than live.

T

Tachkum

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips

No

J

jn137

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

This actually was a live game, not online. I mentioned that in the OP

jaymfc

jaymfc

R.I.P DJ & Buck
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Lheticus

Lheticus

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I once saw my table get AK, AK, KK, AA... the board presented a royal to one of the AKs and the KK guy was sobbing in the end. :)

Geeze. That's gotta be approaching like a reverse lottery ticket or something, for the KK guy.

F

Fushicho

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The craziest hand I ever saw was when we were playing no limit hold'em 4 handed. 3 of us saw the flop. I had 22, my brother had 55, my friend had JJ. We all flopped a set. There was some betting and raising going on. My friend with the JJ moves all in. I fold my set of 2's after putting in over $100 into the pot. My brother calls with his set of 5's. My friend is dancing and celebrating "There's only one card in the deck!" He flips over the turn card and bam it's the 5. He didn't catch his jack on the river. Nice pot around $700.

For a second I thought you were going to say the 2 came on the river!

That's a great hand, and a good fold!

Bethrezen420

Bethrezen420

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I remember once get 3 times one after another ( Q4 ) treff Q and heart 4. It was absolutely amazing to me.

W

Well Enuff

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Similar to that.
Dec 2011 Sarasota Kennel Club tourney
As they were taking the first break everybody started staring at one table where there were players still seated finishing the last hand.
4 hands on the board All In were:
10 10
JJ
QQ

Flop J Q K
Turn 8
Riv 9

Winner 10 10
Side pot 9 9

G

glebchekotin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Ahhh, it was so close to double street))):rolleyes:

SPANKYSN

SPANKYSN

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you play long enough, you'll see this and many more oddities in poker.

D

DIANTA

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you play long enough nothing will surprise you. I was dealt pocket aces back to back and the same player called me pre-flop with AQo. 2 weeks later I was dealt pocket aces back to back again. You just never know.

The same pocket aces one by one happened to me two times. But never the same cards three times in a row yet. If this happened, I would probably think about all in for a nice story.
Goog luck.

Kiteman27

Kiteman27

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
thats crazy! ive only ever seen 3 pairs in sequential order. JJ 1010 and 99, CO, button and SB respectively

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I once saw a similar situation in an EPT Final table where 4 players all were dealt Pocket pairs--
AA
KK
QQ
JJ
KK Raised UTG, QQ 3XBet, JJ folded after considering for a long time whether to shove all-in or not, AA did shove all-in, KK shortest stacked called, and Adrianne Mateos with the QQ called and won the hand with Trips.
It's a cruel, cruel, Game.

When the fun Stops, STOP!

P

Panda19977

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Saw at Saturday’s Millionärs a player getting the straight flush in the river when he had 1 out against a full house. Some hands before the same player won with weaker pockets in the river against AA

P

Panda19977

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Must cruel situation for me was to go all in in a Live Cash game when A is in the flop and I had the K high flush.
The other one rivered the straight Flush

Liedust

Liedust

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Lost whit poker of 9 against poker Kings

Adi8877

Adi8877

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Rarely, but I see similar ones. I often play turbo, hyper tourneys, so it is often in that phase they push allin with any pair, so there are showdowns often, and I can see their cards. I saw 4-5 way allins with all different pairs, or at least 3. That happens time by time. However, this is online, not live, so we can play more hands in a given time, especially with 6-8 tourney running in same time.

R

rachelle2291

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Its crazy what happens constantly. On the weekends when I play in several tourneys I sometimes think I could write a chapter in a bad beat book for Saturday's ridiculousness and then another chapter for what happens on Sunday. A third chapter could be written for what happens Monday to Friday. I think there would be enough material for a book every week!

Shumkoolie

Shumkoolie

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Its crazy what happens constantly. On the weekends when I play in several tourneys I sometimes think I could write a chapter in a bad beat book for Saturday's ridiculousness and then another chapter for what happens on Sunday. A third chapter could be written for what happens Monday to Friday. I think there would be enough material for a book every week!

I think most people say exactly what you just did. But a question though, do you remember the coolers where you had AA>KK and held? Or the draw you had on the turn hit on the river for a big pot? Do we all have a bias towards only the negative that happens to us? I think we do, and forget all the instances where we either ran hot, got it in bad and won.

I think it's a simple adjustment to our collective mindsets and try and remember all those positive moments that happened.