(I can see right through you)

A

aleks361

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
UA
Chips
Many professional players treat the topic in the game in two ways. Some players find nonverbal (hints) to be quite helpful.

rsparente

rsparente

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
It is indeed, they call it intel I guess. There are lots of books on the subject related to "body talk" and micro expressions. It's worth studying for any aspect in life: poker, professional or personal stuff.

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Having brought up 5 kids of my own I always knew when they are telling me the truth, and when they are trying to spin a story, Trying to blind me from the obvious.
Finding "tells" in some players comes naturally, from years of experience, of kids not wanting to get punished for something they have done even though they know it wasn't right in the first place.
My eldest lad was always getting into trouble, not only from my Wife and myself, but sometimes with the Police, and I could always tell when he was lying, So if I see something in an opponent that reminds me of things my eldest did I instantly know it's a bluff.
Going with your intuition or "Gut feeling" usually is the right thing to do, much like when you go to buy a used car from a dealer. You sometimes get the feeling something is just not right and you walk away. So it is in Poker If something is not adding up, You call or fold on a hunch!
I once called a huge bet on the River when there were 4 Spades on the Table, and I didn't have a Spade in my hand, But I did have two pair, Something in the way the betting went during the hand just didn't look right and when the 3rd player folded to this bet I was just too curious not to call, Something in the way my opponent made the bet just didn't smell right and I had to know.
I was 100% right and he had no Spade either in fact he had played the hand with a single pair of red Kings, When I turned over top two pair of Ace's and Jack's the 3rd player was sick, he had folded the 2 of Spades, and would have won the pot had he called.

Trust your Instincts!

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Many professional players treat the topic in the game in two ways. Some players find nonverbal (hints) to be quite helpful.
I only play online. I don't plan to play live, at least in the near future, so I'm not really interested in such things. Nevertheless, welcome to our community :)
Pay attention to our free course, it will be more useful to you than the thoughts, philosophy or advice of any professional :)

NootNoot

NootNoot

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
GB
Chips
What am I thinking right now? Do you want me to call?

Are you acting strong because you want me to think you are weak when you are strong, or are you acting strong because you actually are weak? Maybe you just are strong and you're not even acting? Double/triple bluff potential!

I've never played live but find the psychological aspects of it fascinating. Some day I'll change that.

Last edited: