Guy gets mad cause I don’t show when he folds

C

CallmeFloppy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There is no reason for you to have to show in that situation. I am sure he just wanted to see what you had and was upset he could not get you to confirm if he made the right play or not.

Let him be mad. Just works in your favor.

SPANKYSN

SPANKYSN

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Best to be consistent in your decisions. If you usually don't know, continue in that manner...if you pick and choose when you show, that might be giving some information away.

zinzir

zinzir

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If the guy asked you to show your hand if he folds and you "muttered "okay and threw your hand in the muck afterwards, in my opinion the reason he got mad is a simple one: because you broke a gentlemen's agreement. If you didn't say anything he would have no reason to be mad.

D

dlam

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I was thinking back to the hand now and I remember I did not say anything I was just silent and trying not to look up at him.
He tank for a while then showed me his cards before he mucked
This happen long time ago and after more experience in this game I have concluded that players show what a great fold that made and don’t always expect the other player to show as well. He was an outlier for what ever reason wanted me to show the winning hand. I actually had the worse hand and didn’t think it was strategy advantage to reciprocate and show. I generally say something to the effect. I got a monster quad and leave it at that

ScooperNova

ScooperNova

Hair in a Biscuit
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I never show my cards when the opponent takes forever to act unless they are the type that I can send into the type of tilt where they lose 5 full buy ins in a half hour by showing a massive bluff. There aren't many pleasures in life as pure as pissing off a poker ass hole and laughing uncontrollably while they cuss you out and turn red.

C

Cash2019

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi! I think you have to decide for yourself whether to show cards, poker rules allow you to make a choice, your opponent cannot change them. There are certain reasons for not showing cards; this is part of the strategy. In addition, chatting can distract from the game, in this case it is best not to pay attention to his messages.

S

SubZero111

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
People are going to get mad occasionally not matter what in poker. Especially
when they are getting rivered and bluffed over and over. Hopefully they keep it to
a minimum and dont go overboard because then they should be removed!

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I also do not like to show my cards because it gives too much information to my opponent about my style of play. It is very rare that I show my games. I do it only when I have the max game to avoid that I pay my bets too often.

T

TpaEnforcement

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I will not show at all, If you want to see cards, then someone will have to call. I have always played that way and will not change. Even when I have played home games , people always asking what do you have. I say all the time pay to see. People I play at home they hate it but, that is how I play.

Statsman1

Statsman1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I play with a guy who NEVER, EVER shows first, no matter what, and he gets mad when he's absolutely forced to do so (either by the other guy waiting him out, or being told that he was called, so he must show first).

That's bad enough, but the same guy will ALSO beg to be shown your cards when you win...he gets mad when you muck your cards and don't tell him what you had.

He's infuriating that way, I have to say...I don't enjoy that type of opponent, even though I know it bugs him to not let him have his way.

V

Vander44

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No free information. Always make them pay to see your cards.

Although might consider showing a bluff and try and get them on tilt.

I

IRONMAN3

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
lots of times i have seen live problems about the talk on the table. so i always recomend to stay out of it. some times the talk its friendly an all but the only thing that i do its smile with the subjet that they are talking about but i rather be silent than have a tell on the table.

Folding in Poker