Guide to WSOP 2018 - Schedule, Event Coverage and Discussion

Spaceman

Spaceman

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That was a well written article. Just from the intro I was transferred to Nevada and ready to yell "lets get it on"!!!

Nice guide with many useful infos. Didnt know that Moneymaker won the wsop with a field of just 839 players!:eek: Can somebody find me a time machine please?:D:D
Also the winner of the first WSOP was decided by peer votes? How cool is that?
And lastly putting Jack Ury in the top 10 interesting facts is gold. I was thinking the other day of making a thread about his legendary slowroll. Nice to know that WSOP also offers seniors and super seniors tourneys for people only 50 or 60 years old and higher. We could make a similar tourney based on ages here:D:D

Now if I had 10.000$ dollars I would love to play the Main Event or the Heads Up NLHE Championship bit I would just follow bankroll managment and play some of the lower buy-in tourneys like 1.000$ buyin for the MILLIONAIRE MAKER NLHE with that 1.000.000$ Guaranteed Prize for 1st place.

On the other hand, if I somehow knew that I would have a chance to play against any of my favorite poker players I would put my 10.000$ in any NLHE game. Playing against lets say Negreanu would be a life time experience that would worth the money.

Ps. You could add the fact that the Main Event for the 2018 would not be the big final event unlike previous years.

Last edited:
Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Debi, you are still in Vegas early June right is there a CC meal / drinks meet up :)

Yep - don't leave til the 9th. We usually do meet up 1 night - but it is likely to be on Mon June 4th after the Colossus event since everyone is there to play that event.

I see you don't arrive til the 6th. I have a package - but the only thing I could find to play on the 6th and 7th was the Rio daily $250 at 1pm - so will be at the Rio those 2 days. On Friday I am playing in the 11am $400 at the Aria. Will you have a phone there?

Last edited:
ZenGreen

ZenGreen

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I wish I could afford too head vegas and try the main event one time. That big of a buyin would effect my play so I agree with others that better to play a bunch of the other events instead. Got to admit it would very cool to be at that FT on TV. It just seem that if you dont have a few grand to blow then it will be hard to really enjoy vegas

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As for the $10k and what I would go during the week of the Ladies event and play these:

Monster Stack - $1500
Ladies - $1000
Crazy Eights - $888

Then I would sell a package so I would still have enough to play in the $10k Main Event!

firstcrack

firstcrack

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thank you for posting the guide. I would play the main event if I had the money, but, ideally, I would also play in the $1500 NL Holdem tournament and the $1000 Doublestack NL Holdem tournmament.

JBGoode

JBGoode

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm actually heading out to play in the Colossus this year. It's my first year playing in the WSOP, and I'm super hype about it. I've debated if I was going to play in any of the PLO events. We will see how the trip goes. Regardless I'm really looking forward the the experience.

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Ducky7

Ducky7

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yep - don't leave til the 9th. We usually do meet up 1 night - but it is likely to be on Mon June 4th after the Colossus event since everyone is there to play that event.

I see you don't arrive til the 6th. I have a package - but the only thing I could find to play on the 6th and 7th was the Rio daily $250 at 1pm - so will be at the Rio those 2 days. On Friday I am playing in the 11am $400 at the Aria. Will you have a phone there?

Yeah I will have my phone with me, I am at the Rio on the 7th for my first event so will be about then

C

chronical

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A dream for every poker players I guess to bbank that bracelet =)
Planning - no. Would like to- Hell yeah... but you know a fews hunder miles away.
Would be cool if 1 of the CC members would win a "famous" WSOP title thou.
10k - I'm a simple man "main event NLHE" - 1 bullet straingt. none of the HORSE8 stuff =)P.S. It is really annoyng that you guys can meat at these cool events while most of us can't... have FUN&GL!

Vorem

Vorem

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that every poker player - regardless of how long he plays - would like to play in this series of tournaments. But, as they say here, it's not harmful to dream)
Those who will play in these tournaments - I wish good luck!!

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I knew that the event wasn't so popular when it launched but I didn't know that it was practically a ready final table back in 1970 ,only 7 participants just wow, WSOP home game event :p

I would satellite for 10K to the The Big One for One Drop with the 1 million buy in. It will have a smaller field after all otherwise I would compromise and play the main NL event :D

P

popstani

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Definitely 10 000k main event, and I’m in Vegas in June

kraemer

kraemer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey, great guide to the WSOP !

If I had someone to stake me I would usually split up the $10,000 and play several Pot Limit Limit Omaha and Omaha Hi-Lo Tournaments...

But then I realized that this years main event is starting on my birthday
and I am superstitious enough to to risk the whole 10K to play only the main
event in this case...

natsgrampy

natsgrampy

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
If given he $$ and the time I would split it up as follows.

#13 $1500 NLHE 3 day event
#21 $1500 Millionaire Maker 6 day event
#32 $1000 Seniors Championship 3 day event
#36 $1000 Super Senior NLHE 3 day event
#43 $2500 NLHE 3 day event
#48b $1500 Monster Stack 4 day event
#59 $1000 Super Turbo Bounty 1 day

That would take care of the 10 K and leave me time to jump into

The Main Event #65, using any monies won in the aforementioned tourneys

Looking forward to putting my plan in motion in.19 days!!!!!

All I need now is the money and time

manolo salazar

manolo salazar

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Really nice guide.First of all, congratulations for such a detailed and well-developed guide.
Second, I am working so hard to one day fulfill my dream of playing the WSOP ME. After reading this guide I feel more motivated to keep going forward.
I wish much success for those who will play the WSOP.

ebellari

ebellari

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
with 10.000 i'll play directly the NL holdem 10.000 super turbo bounty, i played several bounty builders game and i like it

F

felipeanicio

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would play the NL Hold'em Super Turbo Bounty, I do well in bounty,

I would risk MILLIONAIRE MAKER No-Limit Hold'em for the prize money.

Last edited by a moderator:
Andrew Popov

Andrew Popov

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If I were given $ 10,000 I would try to play a few bounty tournaments, for $1000-$2000. In the schedule there are several suitable tournaments in such BI. Usually tournaments WSOP very long, they long to play. I would prefer more dynamic bounty tournaments with extra pay for the heads of beaten out players. I have a good experience playing in such tournaments (although not so expensive).

ribbybruno

ribbybruno

Skadoosh!!
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If I were given $10,000 to play in WSOP -

#7 Colossus $565 - 6 day event - a must to play in the Cardchat event - :)
#21 Millionaire Maker $1,500 - 6 day event - take a shot a this prize pool
#34 Double Stack $1,000 - 6 day event - I enjoy tournaments with larger starting stacks
#48 NL Holdem Monster Stack - 5 day event - My cup of tea

4 tournaments - about $5,000

I would take the other $5,000 and try to satellite into the Main Event!

J

jnuts

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I would play the Main Event for sure. I plan on playing a satellite or two at Foxwoods in hope of getting in. Fingers crossed. Maybe PokerGO will have better coverage this year. It used to be so exiting to watch.

gjwalk

gjwalk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you were given $10,000 to play in WSOP events this year - which event or events would you choose? The schedule of events is on the page linked above and also here:

WSOP 2018 Schedule

OK with $10,000, I would start with the Omaha Hi/Lo game for $1,500, It's a good action game. I'll then giddy-up to the HORSE game for $1,500, more action. After that it's onto the Millionaire Maker, No Limit Holdem game for another $1,500. Then it's the Seniors game for $1,000 for us 50+ players. Then it's the Super Seniors game for 60+ players, that's $1,000. The Crazy 8's games sound good for $888. Then we've got another HORSE game for $3,000. I went over my limit by $388 but my winnings will cover that :rolleyes:

P

Peter Jankowski

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like to play the WSOP daily deep stacks and the Golden Nuggets Grand series

Nintendo

Nintendo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Wow it would be great but won't be able to make it this year. Good luck to all of you who play though :)

WSOP