Girls at the table - your views?

T

Tiago Pratas

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i love them at the poker tables for sure!! and caution with a 2 pairs of them x)

FaelN

FaelN

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I love it, especially when they are sitting next to me!!

maximjd

maximjd

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I love it, especially when they are sitting next to me!!

lol, poker is a brain muscle sport, so can everyone can play it good. I like to see womans playing poker, is so boring see only balls in the table :p

ribbybruno

ribbybruno

Skadoosh!!
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have played in many different tournaments over the years with women at the table. Most of them were very good players! Carved some of the overly aggressive male players into little bitty meatballs! :)

arielakarel

arielakarel

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I love them at the tables...make me pay more attention because i don't want being beated by a girl :D

lol, me too.
Sometimes i like to go in hands with shit cards just to "test" the ladies and try make them fold.
Don't know why, don't judge me.

A

aolguin3

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
girls playing on the same table I am usually end my game fast lol

L

Lexxx

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I love girls everywhere. Welcome!!!

Z

zingbust

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There's usually 1 or 2 females at each full table where I play. I don't think much about it, they're just the same as men as far as poker skills, some are great players, some not so good, just like men.

Henry Minute

Henry Minute

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Always happy to see women at a table. Game is usually much more polite when ladies are present.
Except, of course, when they are CC Ladies, when the reverse is true.

:creep:

That's me creeping off to hide. Not telling you where either.

J

Jalapano

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As long as they understand the rules and are playing at least somewhat serious then I notice no difference from male players except maybe the fact they bluff less.

P

penkov1990

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No matter. It`s not important what kind of sex are you, are what nationality. this game is passion, and everyone is free to feel it

P

playn4fun

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm pretty tired of sitting at tables of 9 hollywooding bot douchebags, the more women in poker, the better

I agree! I'll assume this happens often probably in every tourney, very frustrating :(

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Except, of course, when they are CC Ladies, when the reverse is true.

:creep:

That's me creeping off to hide. Not telling you where either.

LOL..as the saying goes, you can run, but you cannot hide! :)

Images 8

B

beatlebug

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Difficult Being A Woman Playing Poker

I have been playing online for some time and being a woman I find it rather difficult. My plays are always commented on and if people lose they not only refer to me as a donkey but use vulgar name calling which I believe happens because I am a woman. I see men getting called on some plays they make, but I feel that men feel somewhat empowered when talking down to me. I take it for what it's worth, but there are times I wished I had a username that didn't include lady in it...Good Luck to All!

Beatlebug

Henry Minute

Henry Minute

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have been playing online for some time and being a woman I find it rather difficult. My plays are always commented on and if people lose they not only refer to me as a donkey but use vulgar name calling which I believe happens because I am a woman. I see men getting called on some plays they make, but I feel that men feel somewhat empowered when talking down to me. I take it for what it's worth, but there are times I wished I had a username that didn't include lady in it...Good Luck to All!

Beatlebug
I can understand that it might be upsetting but from my own observations the majority of the name calling, and that stuff, mostly happens when they get beaten by a woman; so you should at least have that satisfaction.

Also, you have to remember that there are a lot of underage, immature or uneducated people playing online poker.

It may not be in your nature but you might consider doing what comedians do with hecklers and build up a bank of put-downs. For example: " I think it's terrible that this site allows children to play.". I'm sure that other members can come up with a few more.

VizziVizo

VizziVizo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Oh, it's good, but it is veeery hard to play with them.

B

beatlebug

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You are right that it happens mostly when beaten

I can understand that it might be upsetting but from my own observations the majority of the name calling, and that stuff, mostly happens when they get beaten by a woman; so you should at least have that satisfaction.

Also, you have to remember that there are a lot of underage, immature or uneducated people playing online poker.

It may not be in your nature but you might consider doing what comedians do with hecklers and build up a bank of put-downs. For example: " I think it's terrible that this site allows children to play.". I'm sure that other members can come up with a few more.

But as far as giving back, I won't sink to those levels. I merely say thanks for your chips or have a nice day! I can't or won't sweat the small stuff.....:)

ChillinVillian

ChillinVillian

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have to sat that I enjoy them at the table as long as there not all butch playing like a mad man . Just as I don't ever see a gay guy openly being gay and playing gay lol you know what I mean ?
So to have some ladies at the table is great , I enjoy being social and they can certainly make moves just as good as a man and they bring something else to the game men don't , LOOKS !:rolleyes:

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have to sat that I enjoy them at the table as long as there not all butch playing like a mad man . Just as I don't ever see a gay guy openly being gay and playing gay lol you know what I mean ?
So to have some ladies at the table is great , I enjoy being social and they can certainly make moves just as good as a man and they bring something else to the game men don't , LOOKS !:rolleyes:

Be less homophobic please. I have plenty of gay friends - male and female - who play live poker. Really hate that they might have to deal with someone with feelings like you have expressed above being at their tables.

Don't be afraid to open your mind up to enjoying people of all kinds as long as they are good people. There is no reason to discriminate or treat others differently just because they are gay or lesbian. Some of the nicest people I know fall into that category - they really make great friends. :)

AlfieAA

AlfieAA

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Be less homophobic please. I have plenty of gay friends - male and female - who play live poker. Really hate that they might have to deal with someone with feelings like you have expressed above being at their tables.

Don't be afraid to open your mind up to enjoying people of all kinds as long as they are good people. There is no reason to discriminate or treat others differently just because they are gay or lesbian. Some of the nicest people I know fall into that category - they really make great friends. :)

do gay men tilt fabulously? ;)

ChillinVillian

ChillinVillian

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

So sorry to offend , that's not what I was trying to do . I was trying to imply that some gay/les act over the top while I myself am just myself . No big show , although I suppose there are straight people with a really big attitude or personality as well . I have gay and lesbian family and by no means did I mean to be racist . My bad , it is so easy to type as to think what I am posting and will not make such mistake again . :deal:

rawbad

rawbad

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
male female dosent matter its a game you sex dosent make you better or worse ONLY THING I DONT LIKE ABOUT ONLINE POKER AND WOMEN IS I CANT SEE THER PRETTY FACES GRRRRRRRR