takinitSLEAZEE

takinitSLEAZEE

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Hey there folx. Okay, first I'd like to let you know that this is not about the tales of a prostitute in Vegas. This is about what I've noticed lately. In some cardrooms there are a number of "players" that are using GTO solvers while they're playing, as in real time analysis (thank you PhatPeetuh). Is this what poker has come to? People just reading a chart and hoping for the best? If so then wtf are we doing here?
I remember a thread or a column in a rag somewhere a while back about players using starting hand charts and that it was deemed "ok". Although using solver charts in real time was frowned upon, and I think in some cases not allowed. This doesn't seem to be the case anymore.
I was walking around a room the other night and there were probably 15 players or so using a chart on their phone while they were playing: typing in their hands and stack sizes/bb's, seats and such. I'm almost scared. Am I alone here? Has AI taken over poker? 🥺

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
OK Dahn - you know I'm just kidding around in chat.

But if you're seriously seeing people at live poker accessing push/fold tables, solvers or other digital assistants while playing - then you should alert the dealer - the floor and everybody at the live table.

Some won't care - some won't even know what you're talking about.

Occasionally you will meet a player who will tell you that we are all suckers for not playing with real time solvers.

They should get a warning from the floor / dealer and then removed from the game.

Good luck !

dannystanks

dannystanks

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
US
Chips
I wonder if they will someday just ban cell phone use while sitting at the table.

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I wonder if they will someday just ban cell phone use while sitting at the table.
Some places do ban cell phone use while in a tournament hand.

If you are actively in a hand and you even pick up your cell phone then your poker hand is dead.

Cash games can be a different story....as long as you don't hold up action. But using it as a digital solver tool is a different story.

I would just stay away from rooms that don't enforce this.

Make sure to let management know why you are avoiding their room.

O

oskarsbaumanis2

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
I have not played such places yet, but I hope that one day it will be a good example of life

Related Gambling Guides: AU Gambling - CA Gambling - UK Gambling - NZ Gambling - Online Gambling