1. It's normal to feel a few butterflies in your stomach right before a tournament starts. Don't worry about it, you'll probably overcome it after you've won a couple of hands
2. It might be a good idea to watch a few poker hand videos on YouTube before heading off to the casino. It will help get your mind into the game and it could provide you with some good insights that you weren't aware of earlier.
3. Eat breakfast.
4. Tight is right. Especially after you've built up a sizable pot.
5. I try to resist any alcohol when I'm playing live. It's easier to go on tilt or make a mistake that could cost you a penalty when you've been drinking.
6. Be aware that everybody at the table is watching and wondering what you've got in your hand.
7. Don't show your cards after a hand and nobody cares what you folded.
8. Just try to have fun.