Extreme Poker Tournament

t1riel

t1riel

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I read an article that announces the winner of the first ever extreme poker tournament. This tournment was played underwater.
Every player was 30 feet below sea level while snorkeling above, a host of tournament spectators silently watched the tournament. The tournament was situated next to a spectacular Caribbean reef and the tournament was also visited by several colorful fish and a curious (and potentially dangerous) stingray. The poker table was submerged using weighted anchors attached to the table's underside and traditional chips and waterproof cards were used. Whenever a player was out, they returned to the surface and land. They also had to use thir time wisely due to the fact they only had so much air.
This tournament obviously added more factors in the game. Think of it, "I would have won if I wasn't running out of air." What do you think of this?

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
t1riel said:
...and the tournament was also visited by several colorful fish

*Insert witty comment here*

I dunno, the whole thing just seems pointless and stupid, just like most of the "extreme" crap that we've been flooded with recently.

Dennis C

Dennis C

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When the blinds increase quickly it is a challenge, but this oxygen thing brings a hole new twist to Extreme turbo.

Bill_Hollorian

Bill_Hollorian

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Whats so extreme about that?

I once played in a pit full of venomous snakes. Also, when you lost a hand, they shoved a bamboo shoot into your fingernails. During the game they had ninja squads randomly beating players to the brink of death. This was all reasonable, and I was able to play my A game anyway. What got me was the swinging "pendulum of death", that swung back and forth at 60 miles per hour while they spun the whole pit around at ever increasing speeds. I got knocked out early Im sad to say.

The tournament winner got to take the poker table and all the chips, and jump over a shark in shorts and a leather jacket... Lucky him!

Bill

Dennis C

Dennis C

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sharks, snakes, and ninjas Oh my. I'm all in after that one. I got to go.