IRINA70

IRINA70

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
The main difference in my opinion between live and online poker is the way the cards are dealt. My experience in both forms of poker points to this. In online poker, there is a RNG, which, at least in tournament poker, in most cases helps players who manage to collect a larger stack than others at a given table. In live poker, the hand is truly random and it depends only on the player how he manages it, that is, on his true poker skills.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The main difference in my opinion between live and online poker is the way the cards are dealt. My experience in both forms of poker points to this. In online poker, there is a RNG, which, at least in tournament poker, in most cases helps players who manage to collect a larger stack than others at a given table. In live poker, the hand is truly random and it depends only on the player how he manages it, that is, on his true poker skills.
This thread is about the differences between live and online poker, of which there are many, so its a serious and interest topic. If you want to discuss the possibility of some online poker sites being rigged, then please go to the "rigged megathread" and post your speculations there.

A

Anna Brito

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
I think live poker is lighter, why? The live one doesn't have as much paraphernalia as the online one. I think online is more complicated.

scobido

scobido

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I totally agree that live poker requires more concentration and self-control, and online poker is all about inspiration because you don't have to physically see your opponent to try to get to know their physical features and tics, you can even play against a robot which will surely defeat you.

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Basically Poker is Poker whether it is played on-line or Live the only real difference is you get through more hands on-line because it takes time for the dealer to shuffle and deal the cards, also some players do take more time to think about their actions and even if they decide to fold as the river card hits the table it is hard for them to say goodbye to their chips.
I lent a Friend a book I read on Poker and I told him it was a good introduction on how to play the game and what you should do in certain situations etc but when he played his first Live game he lost and asked me what he had done wrong, He claimed he played every hand according to what the book suggested and he couldn't understand why he lost and I asked him "Dd you read it, Cover to Cover?" "Yes" he replied "Well there's your problem, These players Haven't".
Just because you know what you should do in some situation because you read it in a book or saw a player do it in a video, does not automatically guarantee you are going to win, Books and videos only give you the examples on how other players played those hands and it does not mean it is going to happen again.
Reading books is great to help you get better at the game, but you also have to read the players you come up against, that comes from practice. You can read all the books you want on how to drive, Play for hours on GTA. But until you get behind the wheel of a car you are not going to learn how to Drive!
Poker is the same and until you jump in and get your feet wet, You ain't going to swim.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
He claimed he played every hand according to what the book suggested and he couldn't understand why he lost and I asked him "Dd you read it, Cover to Cover?" "Yes" he replied "Well there's your problem, These players Haven't".
Even if you play perfect, including making perfect adjustments to other players and their mistakes, you are still going to lose at least 45% of all cash game sessions due to simple variance. So it would have been more helpfull and honest, if you had explained this to your friend.

IRINA70

IRINA70

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
This thread is about the differences between live and online poker, of which there are many, so its a serious and interest topic. If you want to discuss the possibility of some online poker sites being rigged, then please go to the "rigged megathread" and post your speculations there.
You shouldn’t tell me where to go with my opinion, otherwise I might send you too...

Suns of Beaches

Suns of Beaches

With a Balloon to the Moon
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You shouldn’t tell me where to go with my opinion, otherwise I might send you too...
He was very correct. Please go to the rigged-megathread to spread ur theories. Here is not the place.

(Ur "observation" is completely off btw. RNG does not "help" certain players. They are just on a run of good cards. Thats why they have a big stack. surprising, isnt it? 😀)

Last edited:
IRINA70

IRINA70

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
He was very correct. Please go to the rigged-megathread to spread ur theories. Here is not the place.

(Ur "observation" is completely off btw. RNG does not "help" certain players. They are just on a run of good cards. Thats why they have a big stack. surprising, isnt it? 😀)
I have the right to express my opinion as it is and where I consider it necessary to express it. And if someone is unable to understand its meaning, then that is not my problem.

olejean

olejean

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Live poker is almost another game than online poker. In online poker your game and its limit is mostly determined and controlled by the computer program of the rum.

Suns of Beaches

Suns of Beaches

With a Balloon to the Moon
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have the right to express my opinion as it is and where I consider it necessary to express it. And if someone is unable to understand its meaning, then that is not my problem.
Yeah u are totally right. He is the one who does not understand anything in this interaction. Definitely not u 😀

But hey:
Images

Last edited:
Organize a Home Poker Game