CardsChat WSOP Team Event 2023 - Outlast our Pros in the Colossus!

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If anyone makes day 2 or outlasts Greg's finish yesterday let me know!

JoeShowdown

JoeShowdown

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Got out about 2500th place awhile ago. I open shoved 15bb with ace 3 from the cutoff and bb snap called with kq suited and turned a flush. Hopefully the rest of you will go real deep!

Z

zingbust

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Scratch the 2nd bullet , I was told it would be 2-3 hours before I can play , the wait list for tables is crazy
I was wondering if there'd be enough tables and dealers for Day 1b. Sounds like 8k+ entries for that day was probably well short of the potential. Too bad you didn't get to play but there's still plenty going on around town all over the place! MGM, Wynn (Encore), Orleans, Golden Nugget, Venetian, Aria, and maybe another 1 or 2 all having special summer series with buyins $300 and up.

Berandir

Berandir

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Best of luck to everyone on the cardschat team! We'll be cheering and looking forward to news of the tournaments!

Amanda A

Amanda A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
GL to everyone who made day 2! Sorry my phone died yesterday. I busted out just after dinner with AA all in pre flop v KK, K on flop. So weird because that's exactly what happened to someone else the day before (about the 3rd hand of the tourney). I even tweeted about it, cause people were dropping like flies so early on Friday. Oh well, I'll get em next time, LOL!

M

mrflip09

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Update from my day 1a...... started off pretty good up around 30kish first level. Had a few loose players at the table.. hands were holding which is always a good sign..... then BOOOOMMM....completely card dead and got moved to a table with about 5 donkeys on it........ all had 70k plus....... they were trying to give away chips and kept sucking out on me..... was down to about 20kish for like 5 hours or so........... got up to about 50k at one point. All those players with those big stacks that keep sucking out on me busted way before I did(which I knew they would but the damage to my stack was already done).......... the hand that bust me was: I had A-3 spades on the button......I shove for like 25k....sb calls......bb shoves (I knew I was in trouble at that point) sb folded.... so it was heads up..... he flops over a-q off........flops comes 2-2-4 (all red) ... great flop for me....chop outs and straight draw and any 3...... turn was the 6......... any 6 or 4 for chop.....3 or 5 to win....... river was a black jack......busto..........

We started late also which kinda put me on tilt before even seeing 1 hand

Last edited:
M

mrflip09

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
But I also have a pretty neat story (not at the poker table)
During the time we were waiting to play...I jumped on a slot machine to kill a lil time...... there was a older lady next to me and we got to having small talk....... she tells me that whatever she wins she gives to her grandson.........I told her that's nice of her..... well it was time for me to get back to the table.....I told well mam it was great chatting with you but the poker tournament is about to start up...... then she tells me that's she is a cancer survivor......I told hell yeah that's awesome glad you kick cancers ass..... then you tells me here and I look down and it's a 100 dollar bill.....I was like mam I don't need that and tried to give it back to her like 5 times and she wouldn't take it.... so I asked her why..... she said she survived cancer and feels the need to give back to people that she thinks is worth it... so every now and then she gives back...... she told me that she just wants a hug...... so I have her a big ole hug and headed back to the table but I couldn't stop thinking about it and was hoping she was still at the machine when I got on break but I didn't see her........ makes me want to do the same........

5TR8 FLUSH

5TR8 FLUSH

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Congrats Kristin on making day 2 of the colossus, and the 1st place finish. Just wanted to share the picture of the last hand in Flight A for me and the hand that put me over average chip stack at level 11 on Flight B. I got over confident, loose and aggressive after this hand.

I'm in button with 7 8os, folds to me. I try to steal blinds with a 2 1/2 size raise (7000), BB defends.
Flop 6 8 8 - I check BB checks
Turn 5 - I bet 10K into about 18500 pot. BB calls
River 9 - Gives me a straight, I bet 25000, BB calls. I flip and say straight and BB is in disbelief, pauses for about 15 seconds and doesn't show his hand.

I had about 160K after that hand, but unfortunately got sloppy after that. Here's the pic of last hand in Flight A.

Really nice meeting everyone, and hope to be able to do this again in the future. :)

Attachments

• COLOSSUS FLIGHT A, FINAL HAND.jpg
    COLOSSUS FLIGHT A, FINAL HAND.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 7
Amanda A

Amanda A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Congrats Kristin! Wow, that's so awesome to have a double score like that.
Thanks cardschat, I had a great time playing and hope to do it again next year.

akhilbansal

akhilbansal

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
US
Chips
My summary for Flight 1A and 1B... (very similar storyline in both flights :))
At 1st break, we chipped up 20-25% nicely... playing strong
At 2nd break, card dead or bad beats...
At 3rd break, best round of the tournament, we manage to go up to ~100k.
At 4th break, mostly card dead and few more bad beats, but we manage to keep our stack at 100k.
Round 13, another good round and we went up to 160k+.
Round 14, we continue to steal few pots and manage the inflation... but came down to 20-25bb.
Round 15 and 16... completely card dead, try to enter the pot with some hands and a failed bluff too, but ended up folding, couldn't steal enough pots and down to <10bb.
Finally shoved with AK and 6-7bb, but poker gods didn't bless... busted around mid-way in Level 16... in flight 1A 26 places before money, in flight 1B ~150 something places before money.

Thanks CardsChat for the opportunity, it was so nice to meet the team, and a great fun experience, and I was super excited... hoping to better the run next year.

There were several interesting hands where we played good or bad, I do plan to post on my twitter later in the week... thinking of hashtag #DidWePlayItFine... Everyone is invited to follow me on twitter at @Akhil__Bansal, and comment on how the same hands can be played differently, will love to hear your opinions.

Last edited:
natsgrampy

natsgrampy

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Great job Kristin!

So sad I wasn't able to make it this year. Hope you had as much fun as I did when I played.

Congratulations.

Kbscores

Kbscores

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
US
Chips
Thanks again, CardsChat and @Debi for the opportunity! So much fun to be back playing live tournaments again! Best of luck to all the CC team members still in it, especially Kristin who I think for sure made Day 2!
To bit. House!

WSOP