50k horse.

Beavis68

Beavis68

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Greg had some minor tourney success and did ok in cash games on PS, and he was a well known poster on 2+2 before his win. 2004 was pretty early in the poker boom and he didnt blog or try to hype himself. He was a patent attorney I believe he liked to post about poker theory and play some modest games.

you didnt know him because he didnt play WPT tourneys and he didnt play in the biggest NL games like Prahlad and some of those guys. It seems he plays mixed games pretty regularly now.

joosebuck

joosebuck

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
kaplan is a great player. why is that so suprising to people?

pokernut

pokernut

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have to agree with some of the other posters sentiment in here that Hachem shouldn't be in the same category as Gold and Moneymaker. He is one of the few players that now has a WPT and wsop win after the Bellagio tourney earlier this year. Definately not a one hit wonder.

I can see how he comes off like an a-hole with some of his antics like "pass the sugar" but a lot of these pro's use that as part of their arsenal. It works well for some and not for others but a lot of people are way different at the poker table then in real life. I wouldn't know personally if this is the case with him or not, just sayin.

Emperor IX

Emperor IX

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Norman Chad annoys me. All he does is state the obvious (normally that's a good thing, but HE is not funny when he does it) and talk about how bad at poker he is.

vanquish

vanquish

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Norman Chad annoys me. All he does is state the obvious (normally that's a good thing, but HE is not funny when he does it) and talk about how bad at poker he is.

Vince Van Patten from WPT is the worst though.
"And Daniel Negreanu puts in a bet of three million dollars! Wow!"

They're not dollars, Vince, they're chips.

skoldpadda

skoldpadda

Caveman Eye Surgeon
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like Gabe's analysis on HSP -- excellent.

reglardave

reglardave

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So, I'm happy for Freddie Deeb, a fine player; I've an uncle that looks a lot like him. Come to think of it, lots of people prolly have an uncle that looks like Freddie<G>.

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So, I'm happy for Freddie Deeb, a fine player; I've an uncle that looks a lot like him. Come to think of it, lots of people prolly have an uncle that looks like Freddie<G>.

and Danny de Vito :D