Not open for further replies.
OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm slow and only just got around to watching these - no specific questions at this stage but it's definitely got me thinking more about the ranges I'm playing in different situations and I wanted to say thanks heaps for the video :)

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have now briefly watched a few parts of your video series, and i have to say, it's really very good. If i had something like this four years ago it would have saved me a lot of hours sitting in front of SNG wiz. I knew how to adjust it properly, but it still took up a lot of time reveiwing.

I know what you mean when you talk about novice players using SNG Wiz, it's something i've been trying to address on this site, the proper use of SNG wiz. Most people will just punch in a few numbers, assume it's correct and move on. Pretty much training themselves to play badly. I'm sure you know that it's really quite hard to remember spots where it's good/bad to shove it in, it takes a lot of hard work.

SO anyway before i ramble on anymore, i just want to take back my query above and say that, this looks to be a really good video series.

dg1267

dg1267

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've been spending a lot of time watching and re-watching this series and it's really helped turn a lot of things around in my game. Even though a standard push/fold chart is really kind of useless to someone who plays a lot, the chart that zero builds in this series is much more dynamic. And most push/fold charts you could memorize while eating dinner, but their simplicity also means they are a very tight shoving range.

Zero's chart starts with that tight range and then takes it 4 steps further. Leaving you lots of room to know you made the correct play instead of having to wait for premium hands to shove.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I haven't checked this out yet (started to watch but then got busy) but will watch it.
As far as SNG shove charts... idk what ones you've checked out dg1267 but the ones I have were put together by a SNG coach (& an MTT coach for MTT play) who put in a ton of time on it & they're excellent.. and something you definitely couldn't memorize in short order (I still look at them today, 9mos. later).

dg1267

dg1267

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I was talking about the standard "you've got 10bb's so shove this, fold this" chart. Those are good, but zero's PBJ chart takes you from 12bb's down to 5bb's and gives you an almost perfect strategy for all positions.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I was talking about the standard "you've got 10bb's so shove this, fold this" chart. Those are good, but zero's PBJ chart takes you from 12bb's down to 5bb's and gives you an almost perfect strategy for all positions.

That ^, is what every chart I've ever seen does.
ie.
MP 8bb (1a = Top 7.5%) - 77+, AJ+

EP 12bb (Top5%) 99+,AQ+

CO 8bb (2a = 28.5%) 22+,A2+,KT,K9s,QT,Q9s,JT,J9s

BTN 6bb (Top 60%) - any facecard & anything w value

BTN 5bb (atc - any two cards - 100%)

{just a few examples but having it set up for each position... 5bb to 12bb}
Is this ^ similiar to what you're talkin' about? (I was actually just about to watch the vid. but have to run to the bank to do some banking(work), then whip back in time to play an MTT session, lol). Do want to watch the vid. though & grateful for having the oppurtunity.

dg1267

dg1267

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeah, the one I use has 12,10, 8, 6.5, and 5bb shoves for each position.

T

Tangerine 53

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I asked this question on a different thread where the video was shown but this looks to be the active one at present....

Nice video - thanks zerosum!

One question I have is how do you derive the %ages of the villains range? In your vid for example you used 35% of their range for pushing with 5BB but how did you arrive at that figure? I can see how we can then use this figure to derive an output from SNGWizard but is it a case of 'garbage in, garbage out'?

Cheers

Mark

katymaty

katymaty

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No, it's nowhere near that intense. It's set up more like this...

UTG 12bbs JJ+, AK+
UTG 10bbs TT+, AQs+
UTG 8bbs 77+, AJ+, ATs+
UTG 6.5bbs etc.
UTG 5bbs etc.

Then would go on to give you the shoving ranges for hands/blinds through hijack, CO, BTN, and SB.

OK when I read the thread I was interested in a sng shoving chart so I searched google and there was a thread on twoplustwo http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/23/small-stakes-mtt/cutains-sng-mtt-push-fold-charts-191414/ with a link, although as you said very intense and confusing. Was looking for something alot simpler:confused:

Z

zerosum79

DTB Coach
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah. That chart is way too intense. I like to keep things simple :) I am highly suspicious that anyone can use that crazy chart while 12+ tabling.

zero

Daniel72

Daniel72

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thanks zerosum79, i enjoyed the four videos and the helpful pivot point theory ! Very nice explanations and great production !
I think i will dragthebar give a try in the next time...

G

genozzolo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
but those "pivot" etc. its all about when you are IN bb or sb only right ?

P

pokerstud777

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In this next video from DragTheBar zerosum79 (Greg) discusses the keys to becoming an expert sng player. This is the complete video of Part 1 in which he specifically covers pivot points - general ranges that work most of the time. (it is divided into 4 parts)

Zerosum79 is a sng coach at DTB and is also a member of Team Moshman. I can attest personally for his credibility and knowledge of sng's - he was my first sng coach when I started playing last year. I had some excellent coaching sessions with him that helped me get started.

I recommend this video to all of you who are currently playing sng's, want to start playing sng's, and those who play in the Cardschat league and in our regularly scheduled private games.

Hope you enjoy!

Zerosum79's ABC's of SNG's Part 1 (there are 4 parts to view!)
Greg will be responding to questions in this thread

See also the following from our friends at DTB:

GiantBuddah's Hand of the Day

BeachJustice on Overbet Bluffs

Ask Mental Game Coach Jared Tendler

Ask Me Anything (Dusty Schmidt aka Leatherass in the well)
progress.gif
Does greg still work for Drag the bar?

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I haven't been there in ages and haven't talked to him in that long either. dmorris68 would know.

Status
Not open for further replies.