Your best advice

CaptainMooti

CaptainMooti

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I was curious, what's the best advice you can give a poker player?

A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Diligence, patience and work will grind everything.

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Take your time to use your poker money. Start with a freeroll. In the future, stick to the strict bankroll rule. This will save you from big losses.

mina271

mina271

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Be patient and never give up. Fight to the end and even if it sometimes looks bad and you have a streak of bad luck because no matter if you are lucky or unlucky every phase goes over and changes on the contrary. Learn as much as you can about poker and choose your cards wisely. so remember if you are on the losing side that you can be a winner and if you are on the winning side that you can lose. There is no such thing as endless happiness or unhappiness. Always look at your cards and the ones on the table and dare to fold good cards if they don't match the ones on the table. But what I always say to myself and others is, it's only over when it's over, 1 chip 1 chair.

Jay R

Jay R

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It’s better to fold than take unnecessary risks.

C

Ceto65656

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hmmm

Sometimes it's necessary to use the Donk. May the Donk be with you.

willjosp

willjosp

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My best advice when it comes to Poker is to always play with high cards connected or not to bluff, as for life, the best advice is to do what your heart tells you and be a totally humble person without humiliating others.:D:D:D

10gerka

10gerka

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
my advice would be that if you want to become a regular or professional player you have to study hard, be disciplined, play a lot and be consistent in your game, you should not give up, and always work the mental part that is a prerequisite for a good management of the process of your training, I think that little by little you will learn and correct mistakes that will make you a better player, do not give up we can all go far in this profession.

barbados

barbados

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Don't listen to anyone's advice. And this advice, however, too.

Baldy86

Baldy86

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
dont play too long and especially not when you are angry or tilted

tilt management is at least as important as bankroll management

B

bostontaylorx

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
this thread is so enlightening

D

dregan

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
At the beginning of your poker career, do not rush to play for money, and even more so for big money. Play the freerolls and take a look at everything. When you start playing for money, do not rush to raise the bar. If you can't be profitable, lower the bar. Do not try to focus on luck in the game, you need a cold mathematical calculation and experience.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I was curious, what's the best advice you can give a poker player?

Always work and study the game. Poker is forever evolving and what works today may not work tomorrow. There is also the issue of never knowing everything there is to know in poker.

Propane Goat

Propane Goat

Grinder and paint make me the welder I ain't
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
No hand is 100% to win pre-flop and having the better starting hand does not entitle you to win the pot. AA will still lose ~20% of the time against 72o by the showdown - tilting because you lost with AA on a pot that you thought you deserved to win means you still have a lot of work to do on your game.

An understanding of probability and statistical analysis is extremely important if you want to ever become a winning player. You will understand why trying to find a conclusion from a sample size of 5-10 hands does not prove that a poker site is rigged - it does not prove anything except that you don't understand probability and statistics.

Igor G

Igor G

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Be patient, disciplined and always follow the bankroll management. :)