You guys say dont bluff alot BUT....

T

TruePlayer12

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think you should slow down on bluffing or bluff more. I think you should look at the overall situation your in. Each hand is a different situation. Bluffing is just another weapon in your strategy. You should never just do one thing or another. Adapt to the situation. Reading your post, it seems you haven't played very long or haven't studied it enough.

I recommend studying more on how to play and stick to ABC poker until you get use to certain situations. If your a tight player on a tight table, your losing money by not bluffing. Now if your a tight player on an aggressive table, you'll lose money bluffing a lot. Start off by looking at your players to your left. If the two players to your left are tight, I recommend raising pre flop more when your on the button and it's been folded to you. You'll pick up extra money from the blinds when they fold. That should be a good starting point. Then you can venture out some.

Position is key to stealing pots. Also, the type of limits your playing. I'm assuming your playing cash games. The lower the limits, the less you bluff. At 2/4 NL and above, the more you can bluff, generally speaking.

Point is look at the players your playing against, there patterns, your position and what comes out on the board. It's a skill that can make you a lot of money over time.