Are you confident with Bluff??

F

FadedFamous

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
How does everyone usually go about bluffing, checking and acting like you don’t have anything or playing confident and offensive?

Last edited by a moderator:
D

dregan

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you raise and then check when the flop lands on the table, the opponent realizes that your card did not match or you do not have a pocket pair. Therefore, there is an extended raise on the flop and depending on the opponent's response, you take further action. Either you bluff further and raise the raise or check. It all depends on your stack size and the importance of the game.

sosiconec1

sosiconec1

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am bluffing 3/10 hands with very small stack or very big stack

I guess mid stack bad bluff with any hand:confused:

My results:
EPT SOCHI 28/1000; POKERDOM / POKERMATCH 300/5000
Playing 2 weeks

Agressive holdem player,nickname lildxxdec on pokerstars
Goodluck for all

Z

zerosalex

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I try to make it seem like I really have what ever i'm trying to make them think I have. But only if i'm pretty sure they can be bluffed out depending on the cards on the boards and how opponent bets. also it's best to bluff when player/s check 2 or 3xs in a row. Normally bluffing I don't like.

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don’t usually bluff :flute:, I just play with good cards.:biggrin:

J

Jadeyt92

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I try and stick to playing decent hands.

christmasscorpion

christmasscorpion

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
when I bluff I play aggressively and confidently so that my opponent will believe in the strength of my hand

A

acemenow

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like most of us play a range of cards not the actual cards in hand, consequently I find it relatively easy to bluff.

I base this on positional awareness, my read on the player (does my opponent seem to understand position and does he appear to be implementing a GTO strategy), do I see him calling wide or not etc.

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
How does everyone usually go about bluffing, checking and acting like you don’t have anything

There was some individual from asia in tonight´ freeroll who pretty much acted just like that lol - as much i saw then he tried to bluff more than enough and most times he wasnt even succesful but then again it must be his fault then haha :bebored:

ivanlt18

ivanlt18

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
One thing I can say it's been giving me good results is, if you decide to start a bluff, don't quit and stick with it at every street. Provided the villain is not on a premium hand of course.

E

Erickaie

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
for me, it really depends on everything really, how certain people play are tight, passive or just a nit, also depending on the board, and how you are telling a story, by telling a story I mean on your bet sizing. sizing of bet usually indicates how strong you hand is:)

VVi10

VVi10

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I believe that "confident" is not the word, but perhaps "something necessary" and at the right time. Because otherwise you can risk some chips and lose important chips during the tournament

Last edited:
SightUnseen

SightUnseen

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's all situational, if I'm in a tournament an I have a player out chipped meaning I can put them to their tournament life with an extremely tough decision due to bricking, fire away if I feel my range hits the board more heavily than theirs. Other times you just know you're beat and you have to shutdown and accept defeat. It all varies by situation, you can't win em' all. No shame in folding.

Alex70793

Alex70793

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bluff is a very interesting thing, the most interesting thing is that you need to have a tight image to make your bluffs pass.
You will often bluff will not believe and will often show your cards.

niphon56

niphon56

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bluff depend on confident & stacks.
[FONT=NotoSans, Lato, arial, sans-serif]
[/FONT]Most of time must all-in after river.

I seldom bluff , but do so if necessary.

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
You can't play the same way against different type of opponents , I am confident whenever I bluff against a good opponent but if my opponent is a huge station then it would be silly by me trying to outplay him.

jj77jwj

jj77jwj

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
No who is your heart will start pounding sometime i will start sweating but some people will call with nothing so ya got to watch out for this I had people call me with ace high I've done before had to much money on the table

D

DavPerz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's always situational, but what it comes down to is your 'story' needs to add up.

Did you limp in?
Raise or check the flop?
Raise the turn?
Stall out and check the river?

I would guess that person didn't hit their draw or is bluffing and is getting carried away. I would raise them.

All these things add up to whether or not your opponent will believe your 'story'.

Walttinho

Walttinho

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends

depends on the situation, but I usually re-raise

Juan Oro

Juan Oro

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To bluff will always depend on many things, the position, how the hand developed from the preflop, the type of player you are facing and your stack of chips vs the stack of your opponents, I like to bluff conservative players or weak, players a little loose I like to do the semi-bluff is a re-raise with possible projects to complete one man that sometimes are completed other times not.

A

Alexio

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bluffing is part of the game, so without it it is difficult to win and play profitably. So I try to bluff, but depending on the boards and opponents, doing exactly the same thing as with the best hand.

D

dlam

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bluff in every street. IMO checking a monster is a”bluff” as you are disguised the strength of your hand

besplatnee

besplatnee

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bluff

It is not always useful, I have experienced this and I can tell you it worked, but it rarely works, so you need to be careful. In this case, it is dangerous to lose chips, the size of the stack, if so, is worth the risk.:p

sara maria

sara maria

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm not good at lying, much less pretending I have a good hand when in reality I have nothing, I always lose :p