Can you believe it takes many years to become an excellent poker player?

M

MF.Brn

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
It depends a lot on the person, and on how much time you dedicate yourself, some people are starting to earn good money in a year, while others take a little more.

W

Wega85

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
i dont think there is a secret recipe to success. there are lots of ppl out there selling masterclasses and courses. but when you watch them play they dont win too. has to do with luck too

userX

userX

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Do you believe it takes how long for a player to start playing in big tournaments?

I play 10 hours a day.

And two hours of study.

12 hours a day dedicated to poker.
That's a lot. I even think that there is so much that can harm you. It is better to study and play less, and at the same time do it for years, then you will really have a chance to become a successful player. In my opinion, it takes three to five years to achieve good results. But 12 hours a day is too much.

takinitSLEAZEE

takinitSLEAZEE

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
It really depends on the mental capacity of the player, imo. Some people get stuff right away and others don't. That's why the poker community is full of players who use "solvers" and GTO charts and HUD's and any other form of an edge/help they can get their greedy little hands on to "try" and make poker their "THANG!". Sorry, some folx are just pathetic. Soft-skullers. :geek:

yuriko oyama

yuriko oyama

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I believe that regardless of the years, the most important thing is how your mind assimilates the disappointments of the game.
the guy who puts up with all the dissatisfaction that this game brings, in my opinion is already an excellent player.

Marshmalo1994

Marshmalo1994

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I think that each player has to be build step by step. I don't think is just a matter of time, although is not from one month to another.

S

s0ftdumps

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Do you believe it takes how long for a player to start playing in big tournaments?

I play 10 hours a day.

And two hours of study.

It's really amazing how different the variations of poker are. 5 max plays so different than a full table. Some people are better at some formats than others!

ZenonBR

ZenonBR

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I believe that regardless of the years, the most important thing is how your mind assimilates the disappointments of the game.
the guy who puts up with all the dissatisfaction that this game brings, in my opinion is already an excellent player.
For example, I don't care anymore when I have AK in suit and I lose to A7 off or any card, this happened so many times that it became normal for me to be eliminated and forget about it right away, I just evaluate the plays in which I could have played better, but Bad bets don't hurt anymore, I just try to focus on my game and make the best decisions based on statistics, and I'm trying to evolve that way.

black and

black and

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips

I play 10 hours a day.

And two hours of study.

It takes years of experience to become a good successful player. We are not talking about a year or two, we are talking about 5, 7, or 10 years. You can become a successful player if you are ready for intensive work and self-improvement. Everything is in your hands, but 12 hours a day is too much in my opinion.

R

rufininha14

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
I believe that it is not necessary to play for several years to be a good poker player, you just need to have dedication and study and you will soon be playing as well as someone who has played for many years, of course experience influences a little more than time cannot solve , dedicate yourself and don't stop playing.

jcxmendes

jcxmendes

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I think it varies from player to player, but most of the time it takes a long time

M

mclay

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips

I play 10 hours a day.

And two hours of study.

I think that if you can stick to this schedule, with 2-3 days of rest per week, in 1 year your level of play will increase significantly.

L

larabe1997

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
TN
Chips
you should know the basics and play alot that's what can make you a good player

Mr.$t0k

Mr.$t0k

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I think about a couple of years. That's of couse if you do not stop playing

Flower2211

Flower2211

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think yes, to become a professional player you need at least a year and daily training like yours, yes

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
The online poker industry is constantly evolving. Experienced players say: “A day in poker is 90% luck and 10% skill, a year in poker is 10% luck and 90% skill.”If you play little, you will depend heavily on luck. The longer you play, the more your results will correspond to your skills. Therefore, try to play as much as possible, but only play in an optimal state, do not overwork yourself.In poker, as in any other business, it is very important not to change your principles, believe in yourself and continue to move towards your goal, no matter what. I think one year is enough.

BetterThanAvgButNotByMuch

BetterThanAvgButNotByMuch

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

I play 10 hours a day.

And two hours of study.

Tell us how it works out for you in a year, in 2 years, in 5 years, in 20+ years and then think about all the other things that you could have done while in front of that screen or playing at a live table.

Hope you do well and have plenty to share.

GL

LaNimmer

LaNimmer

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
There are folks who can pick it up and run as they have the mathematical uber intelligence and the funds needed to be highly successful. Then there are people like me who have enjoyed poker for a lifetime (and even did some studying in order to improve), but will always be average players getting lucky now and then. At least live poker has somewhat of a social dimension and fortunately you can get some of that from CC as well. Anyone who has real future asperation in poker I salute you and wish you good fortune. Cheers!

ninocabral

ninocabral

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that what leads you to evolve in poker is your dedication, your effort and your consistency, having all this you believe that in a short time you will be at a good level and I believe that evolution is very fast, now if you play alone Sometimes you don't study and don't dedicate yourself, you can spend years and never leave the same place

eberetta1

eberetta1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
There are faster ways to make money than relying on poker as a sole income. If I was a poker pro, most money would be flowing in from endorsements.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
i dont think there is a secret recipe to success. there are lots of ppl out there selling masterclasses and courses. but when you watch them play they dont win too. has to do with luck too
This ^ is what the winning players are hoping you believe (actually some are relying on you to believe this)

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
There are some players that hold false hopes of becoming a professional Player, but there are others that actually make it, To them I offer my congratulations, but it is not for everyone.
I never wanted to become a Pro-Player even at the start of my playing Poker On-line, I just wanted to learn how to play without it costing a small fortune, making deposits after deposits, trying to get rich from the game, I am a Hobby player only wanting to pass some time, having a little bit of Fun.

LUKADONCICMVP

LUKADONCICMVP

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
ya that´s the 10000+ hours thing that u need to master something.