As the years go by Can you master poker skills?

Chebchoub

Chebchoub

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
At first I think have mastered the game, but with hindsight I realize the number of mistakes I made.

Last edited:
DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
At first I think have mastered the game, but with hindsight I realize the number of mistakes I made.
I do not say dominate, but it creates a memory of similar situations that facilitate your decision in action.

lcid86

lcid86

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
The nice thing about poker is the evolution of the game. As it changes, there becomes more information and strategy available for players to learn. If you are willing to learn, there are lots of resources.

C

CSLysander

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Mastering the game can happen if you apply yourself to far more than just playing.

As someone with mental health issues, I have learned that the right mindset is necessary. That is as important to people who do not suffer issues as it does to those who do. That can be a missed component for many.

Learning how to fold is another lesson many never learn. I have watched many videos on Youtube and just rolled my eyes. Yes, battling for pots is important, but being in every hand only works when you have a lot of money you wish to lose. If you have the money, please tell me where you play.

A

Aguna

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can master it if you take the time to study and practice knowledge.

adoadoado76

adoadoado76

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
:)

I don't have much experience with poker, I follow professionals on youtube videos and I play a logical game that 10 is better than 5 :):)

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can learn constantly. As currently nobody have fully solved NLH poker there is always room for improvement as soon as you invest needed time and efforts.

N

natelearnspoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes because play styles and new tricks evolve. A lot of people argue that poker is ‘solved’ but I think there is still room to find new strategies

MikeCarasone

MikeCarasone

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The great thing about poker is even the masters can continue to learn. Poker is always evolving and game play has gotten increasingly better. While it’s certainly possible to master, there will always be something new upcoming to further knowledge. I am far from advanced or anything close to master, but I am always learning the game and it’s intricacies. Hopefully someday I will master the game. Time to study.

Chebchoub

Chebchoub

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
I do not say dominate, but it creates a memory of similar situations that facilitate your decision in action.

The nice thing about poker is the evolution of the game. As it changes, there becomes more information and strategy available for players to learn. If you are willing to learn, there are lots of resources.

Mastering the game can happen if you apply yourself to far more than just playing.

As someone with mental health issues, I have learned that the right mindset is necessary. That is as important to people who do not suffer issues as it does to those who do. That can be a missed component for many.

Learning how to fold is another lesson many never learn. I have watched many videos on Youtube and just rolled my eyes. Yes, battling for pots is important, but being in every hand only works when you have a lot of money you wish to lose. If you have the money, please tell me where you play.

You can master it if you take the time to study and practice knowledge.

I don't have much experience with poker, I follow professionals on youtube videos and I play a logical game that 10 is better than 5 :):)

You can learn constantly. As currently nobody have fully solved NLH poker there is always room for improvement as soon as you invest needed time and efforts.

Yes because play styles and new tricks evolve. A lot of people argue that poker is ‘solved’ but I think there is still room to find new strategies

The great thing about poker is even the masters can continue to learn. Poker is always evolving and game play has gotten increasingly better. While it’s certainly possible to master, there will always be something new upcoming to further knowledge. I am far from advanced or anything close to master, but I am always learning the game and it’s intricacies. Hopefully someday I will master the game. Time to study.

I have had some questions about using a school of poker, like cardschat. Many thanks to everyone who answered and helped me

R

ROYALROAD

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
"I have already mastered a game." since thinking as etc., you can never go.