Would you go all in??

C

CallmeFloppy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would not be putting it all on the line that deep with position. Sure you had the lead but a loss would put you in a very poor spot. You are most likely in a race situation. ( if you are not facing a better pair) I prefer a better percentage hand to put my money in with.

J

JCMystery

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Nope. Fold Fold Fold. 66 isn't the best hand preflop let alone many overcards of other players hitting. If you get lucky with a set there will always be someone else luckier hitting a straight, flush etc...

B

Bagdalac4ever

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Raise and see what will happen. It is risky to play all in. Maybe someone has JJ, QQ or KK. He will follow you and you can lose everything.

pescaofish

pescaofish

Academic Poker
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
PA
Chips
with the limited information you described, I need to say Noup! do not go All in with 66 after a rise! :deal:

daredeviljo

daredeviljo

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Flat or 3-Bet 50BB deep. Only start considering 3Bet jamming with less than 25BB.

ayahuasca

ayahuasca

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I wouldn't play this hand. Needless to say, all-in is the most stupid thing you could do in this case, IMHO.

smpolak

smpolak

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I try to avoid going all in at any time. No matter what. The EV of all in is not that great. Best to try and hit a flop then make a decision. If you have the nuts, all in is a great move.

515bastos

515bastos

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yep, easily...but depending on stacks.

S

SlavaUa

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me it is only call to see flop, but if there is raise it fold.

J

Jerry Kierl

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
raise and see the flop. if you are all in and the other player calls, then he cant fold to your bet, if he doesn't hit the flop. Probably will hit on the turn or river then, at least in my experience.

sryulaw

sryulaw

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I calmly push everything if I have a good image of a safe player at the table.

malakata19

malakata19

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Is not a good idea is a low pair, better a strong raise and if the opponent goes all in make the move too.

ritmos

ritmos

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Tehas Hold'em Starting hands: 66 play only in mid/ late position.
NO ALL-IN!

R

Running Nose II

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Only as a sign of desperation when you are short stack, otherwise no.

G

gofish

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yep, easily...but depending on stacks.

DO NOT pay attention to this poster or similar saying it is easy you should go all in..

From what I read you had 50BB. You have no need to go all in. 66 is a coinflip at best, the only time it is anything above that is against a lower pocket pair or against absolute garbage hands of lower cards. If villain has 3 bet BB then you simply CALL and see the flop. If you hit a set on the flop then you're in a stronger position... Even at that point though there are many more things to consider, like their range, the probability of a higher set if there are overcards depending on their range? Etc. I understand that against donks this is more difficult as their range is ANYTHING, so even more reason to be cautious and only be aggressive when you're sure you have them beat.

G

gofish

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Is not a good idea is a low pair, better a strong raise and if the opponent goes all in make the move too.

DO NOT re-raise an already existing 3 bet with a small pocket pair like 66. You will lose far more than you'll ever win by re-raising with small pocket pairs like that. THE ONLY EXCEPTION is when you're short stacked and if just one other player then you MAY shove..

Oliver Wayne

Oliver Wayne

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course I don't. Only Fold. I'll fold even if had 6A.