Worth to call for flip?

Tredibaff

Tredibaff

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi guys. Recently I have a bad luck with good hands. Usually, I call only if I have an Ace, a pair, or two high cards like JK 10Q or so in a hand, and recently losing to falks with low cards in a hand... They always get two pairs or three of a kind...
How do you play?
Is it worth to call with every hand to see flip?
What is your thoughts?

spunka

spunka

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Nope, stick to hands that is better than your opponents, you have to think that poker is a long term game.

NDRWTRLGC

NDRWTRLGC

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don’t be resulta oriented. Look at each hand as a brand new start. A new puzzle to solve. The past doesn’t help solve the puzzle

Eduard0Felipe

Eduard0Felipe

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Are you really talking about flip or did you mean flop?

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Have you checked out the CC 30 day course? One of the first sections is about preflop ranges. There is also a lot of other free material about this online like preflop charts etc. Best of luck with your game :)

T

tiptools

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I call only small openings with such hands

Jamil

Jamil

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
The only thing you can risk is AA KK QQ. As for the rest of the cards, wait until after opening the cards to be reassured and take risks.

Kinalha

Kinalha

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Hi guys. Recently I have a bad luck with good hands. Usually, I call only if I have an Ace, a pair, or two high cards like JK 10Q or so in a hand, and recently losing to falks with low cards in a hand... They always get two pairs or three of a kind...
How do you play?
What is your thoughts?
Cards like JK QT gonna be dominated/loosing the most part of the time..

W

wavetune

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
to see the flop and win in each hand, you will lose very quickly, you have to wait for a friend, if no cards are dealt in the tournament, nothing can be done about it, if you play cash, then you just need to close the table and take a break
yes, you can bluff a couple of hands to win, but still it is impossible to win the tournament without normal cards

micalupagoo

micalupagoo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How do you play?
What is your thoughts?
Most Ace hands aren’t that good, especially in bad position, (also 6 or 9 man tables?)
JK, TQ etc are also weak, hopefully suited if you are playing them.
Low PPs vs many callers are certain lose unless you hit trips, and how much do you want to pay and chase how many streets?
They’re ok Heads up but...

This also comes with many factors, type and buyin of game, player types at your table, position in tournament, your position to act...
Do you limp in, 3x bet...????

If I have 50-100BBs I loosen my range a bunch, if I’m 10-30 BBS I play tighter.
I hate flipping for my tourney life, except at certain times (like under 10BB)
AK bubbled me again last night:(

If you want better advice, really give more info on the hands you play and lose with (or win cuz you may still have played it wrong;)

👍🍻

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
great hand you do everything right if you play and lose here is no longer your fault so just forget and continue to play the right way and we will cook on such players:I CAN'T RYE: :I CAN'T: I'M JUST KIDDING A friend is just lucky and everything happens to everyone

eberetta1

eberetta1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I try to remember any card on the table can be 3 of a kind for someone at the table. So if folks bet high, and all I got is highest pair on the table after the flip, I do not even have to look and see if there is a flush or straight possibility to know my goose may be cooked. Muck em and move on.

C

crazycitizen

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would consider 3-betting or folding rather than always calling when in-position pre-flop

lukaszkrzi

lukaszkrzi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi there,

I can understand your frustration with losing to players who seem to be getting lucky with weaker hands. However, it's important to remember that in poker, the long-term results are determined by skill and strategy, not luck.

It sounds like you are currently playing a tight strategy, only calling with strong hands. While this can be a solid strategy, it also leaves you vulnerable to players who are able to outplay you with weaker hands. One way to combat this is to incorporate more bluffing and semi-bluffing into your game. For example, if you are in a position to make a steal, you can try to raise with a wider range of hands, including hands that may not be the strongest, but have the potential to improve on the flop.

Another strategy to consider is to be more selective in the hands you choose to play. For example, if you are playing in a table with many loose-passive players, you may want to tighten up your range and only play the strongest hands, as they are less likely to call with weaker hands. On the other hand, if you are playing against tight-aggressive players, you may want to open up your range and play more speculative hands, as they are more likely to fold to pressure.

It is also worth to consider the position you are sitting in, as it plays a crucial role in deciding what hands you should play. In general, you want to play stronger hands from early positions and weaker hands from later positions.

As for the question of whether it's worth to call with every hand to see flip, I would say no. While it may be tempting to play every hand in the hopes of getting lucky, this is a recipe for losing money in the long run. Instead, focus on developing a solid strategy and playing your best hands in the most profitable situations.

In conclusion, there is no one-size-fits-all answer to how to play poker. It is a game that requires a combination of skill, strategy and adaptation to the table dynamic. It is important to always be aware of your table dynamics, adjust your strategy accordingly, and always be willing to learn and adapt.