Status
Not open for further replies.
Q

Quasimodo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You are leaps and bounds way way ahead of me with your computer skills. I haven't the slightest clue how to post a graphic display like you can. What I find confusing is how you have so much trouble realizing that the board can provide a kicker the same way your pocket cards can. Above its clear that the board has a higher kicker than you or the player you split the pot with. Maybe you need to study it till you find the reason yourself, because I've seen you ask this question before and every reply you received explained it in full.

Q

Quasimodo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I wonder if he finds it as confusing when his kicker is lower than his opponent's and he's rewarded with a split thanks to a higher kicker hitting the board. I'm not trying to berate him, but he's had to see this occur in any days worth of poker several times.

mapt02h

mapt02h

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
OP, you need to play higher where they would fold J5.

Karozi615

Karozi615

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
always look at the game as the best possible 5 card hand. There are a lot of ways it can get confusing.
I remember when I first started playing I got it in with JJ against A10
The board came:KKQ6Q
I was very confused when they shipped him my money, actually he had me outkicked because we were both playing the two higher pairs on the board.

Karozi615

Karozi615

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Also on a said note if your playing for real money and you haven't figured this out that should be a serious red flag for you. Before you can become a thinking player that stuff has be second nature. you can't be looking at a board thinking "is this a chop?" because certain cards will cause you to gain/lose a slight bit of equity. another example would be if a straight flush was on the board and your opponent pushed, can you call? because actually your playing for a chop, you split sometimes and other times your opponent has a bigger straight flush.

H

houtlijm

Enthusiast
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
only 5 cards count. two pair, JJ and 66 and Queen kicker. these things happen man :) once got it with flush over flush when A spades was on the board

starting_at_the_bottom

starting_at_the_bottom

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I dont understand how you dont know why that is a split pot.

T

Tiltt2424

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just try to remember that you make the best 5 card hand using all 7 available to you (2 hole cards and 5 community cards).

Status
Not open for further replies.