Why do most players holding pair A in hand choose to raise everything from the beginning

Baoka

Baoka

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VN
Chips
With pair A in hand, why choose to raise everything from the beginning, it may not bring chips to the player, because players holding small cards will not follow in this situation, it will only win. Just give us a small selection of chips from a blind bet. For me, holding a pair of A's in hand, just checking and calling for the opponent to buy and sell naturally, choosing a good time to end the hand will bring good results.

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
It's all because of their greed. The most promising hand against aces is 7 8, because With such cards you have a good chance of making both a straight and a flush.With aces, your main goal is to isolate players preflop so that you have no more than one or two opponents left to play against you. And try to collect maximum value from them.

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
With pair A in hand, why choose to raise everything from the beginning
We raise for three primary reasons. One is to get more value from the betting stage with our strong hand. The second reason is to limit the range of hands that our opponents will be playing against us, should they choose to see a flop. The third reason is to isolate players and to limit the number of players that see the flop, should any choose to do so. There's much more to each of these but this is the basic explanation.

it may not bring chips to the player, because players holding small cards will not follow in this situation, it will only win
In reality raising with AA doesn't always win. Even jamming all in pre-flop with AA doesn't always win. We generally don't want players to come along with small cards pre-flop. We want players (preferably just one) to come along with bigger cards that aren't as good as ours. We also don't want several players coming along with whatever small cards they may be holding, because our chances of winning drop significantly when this happens.

Again, this is simplified and there is much more to it that can be learned. For example, relative stack sizes matter and may dictate whether you should go all-in with AA or just raise pre-flop.

For me, holding a pair of A's in hand, just checking and calling for the opponent to buy and sell naturally, choosing a good time to end the hand will bring good results
This is sometimes ok when you are playing against one aggressive opponent that is basically betting for you, but you will quickly find that playing Aces passively in general is a great way to lose all your chips.

P

pltelles

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
When I try to enter lightly with AA, I always lose the hand, every single hand comes in, which are the ones that win, normally with 2 pair, it seems like punishment, you really have to raise, so only those with a good game can enter.

Gh0stL

Gh0stL

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PE
Chips
Maybe because they want to show aggressively his game and avoid bad bets, but this depends of behavior of the opponent.

riff_raff312

riff_raff312

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I think the puzzelfish has some very good advice on this just to add a little to it: When i pick up pocket AA's say UTG i will double up or even call the pot in this position in later positions i'll watch the action to see if it will be a shove or just a raise. There are many different ways to set a trap for chip or hand value depending on the player.
Good luck and have fun.

Igor Popadyk

Igor Popadyk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
aggressive play leads to greater winnings and does not allow the opponent to see the cards he needs for free

dannystanks

dannystanks

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
US
Chips
If you play AA weak and let people into the pot you are loosing equity fast! Raise to get those players out and hopefully just have 1 player to go against. Against 1 player you have an 80% chance of winning the pot. For every player you let in you loose 10%. So why would you want your AA at 80% go down to a 50% chance now with multiple players? Being greedy and slow playing is a disaster.

B

bowserdon

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
AA can get cracked its only a pair

LaNimmer

LaNimmer

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
In my limited experience, slow playing AA usually ends in disaster or delivers less chips.

dzsire

dzsire

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
Precisely to exclude as many players from the game as possible.
The more players enter, the less chance you have.
With a serious raise, he can eliminate players holding a lower pair who can beat AA with their flopped set.

S

steve01991

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
with online poker i find, AA gets beat more times than not, so i guess the reason for big raises off the start are to scare off all the fishes in the world.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands