who is the best poker teacher in your opnion?

Zaner

Zaner

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
i see many pro players poker selling course,i want to know in your opinion a course really can help ? or you can find the same content for free on the internet

kitchy65

kitchy65

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Tbh...I'd save your money and go watch youtube.

You need to understand table position and the ranges associated with those seats. Even if you're only playing in 10c tourneys.

You've heard the phrase 'putting your opponent on a range' well the very best do just that, and can know by how you play what it is your are chasing.

The very best know that Ks 8d 2d flop probably hit your AK ....but they're already working out if a diamond comes, what's their best strategy to get you to fold it.

M

mclay

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I know from the reviews of people, who bought such courses, that there is nothing special about them, and all this is freely available on YouTube. The best development is a good coach.

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I used to really like the CardRunner vids, thought they had some great videos.

D0nk3y Hunt3r

D0nk3y Hunt3r

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It's a shortcut, for which it's good to pay, though if you are willing to do research on your own, and put some practice, you can eventually get to the same place on budget.

722Wade722

722Wade722

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
It's a shortcut, for which it's good to pay, though if you are willing to do research on your own, and put some practice, you can eventually get to the same place on budget.
100% agree, also to add, there’s so many streamers that will talk through their play it can be worth while to delve into that avenue as well.

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
You dont need courses to be succesful though.

O

oroochimaru

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Although anyone may learn the game's rules for free, you must invest time and of course, money to hone your talents before you can start winning seriously large sums of money. There wasn't much competition back then, therefore hitting large sums didn't require so much work.
The game has evolved over time and there are many reliable sources available. I recall how challenging it was to locate reputable training programs in the past. Books were pretty much the sole source. Nowadays you have some really good courses like Raise your Edge, Upswing poker, Pokernerve, Run it Once.. .
And dont forget Cardschats 30 Day free course. :giggle:

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
The best teacher is the mistakes you make every day in poker that you make and thus become better than you

YevheniiKobliuk

YevheniiKobliuk

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello!
I think in our time on the Internet you can find everything yourself, as well as learn, analyze, and so on.
Yes, it is more difficult, perhaps, but does not require significant costs.
For example, I like to study myself, and I myself know what I need to fix and what to work on) :cool:

okeedokalee

okeedokalee

Glory To Ukraine
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
Try Gripsed, the guy uses simple understandable explanations, check Youtube

Berandir

Berandir

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Today, we have many materials available, which allows us to study by ourselves. But if you are able to hire a couch, it will certainly help you improve your game. in brazil we have many teams, which in turn have good coaches. Enumerating some would be a mistake as many have reached a very high level in poker.

D

daniel888

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you're just a beginner, I think you don't have to buy a course, there are a lot of things you can get for free on the Internet. When you're familiar with poker and want to be a top player faster, you can hire coaches to analyse your hands.

E

EarnDAStack

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In general I think you should look for content just above your knowledge level. It won't do you any good to know which hands you're supposed to be bluff check raising the river with before you know how to develop a proper flop strategy and knowing what you're going to be ending up with on said river after the previous actions.

If you decide to play long term, you'll find that there's always something new to learn and new developments in strategy, you have to make sure you have a solid foundation before you jump into the minute details

Mauricio Perrotta

Mauricio Perrotta

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
The best teacher is the game itself. The more you practice the better your game is, learn from your mistakes, minimize risks and everything will be fine

lyki67

lyki67

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BA
Chips
Time, patience, and many hours, days and months of playing. Good literature is also useful and some videos of good poker player. I don't have money to pay pro teacher and I will to learn by myself.

exer888

exer888

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SK
Chips
Best online teacher for me is time and learning from your own experience or mistakes.

ipagan

ipagan

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I heared an opinion from the good players, that the best way to learn - is to get a private lessons from the better players (playing higher limits) and that makes sence. When you want to learn how to play piano, you probably will think the same, that the best way is to learn from a teacher who can teach you ;)

Kinalha

Kinalha

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I think this is very personal, because someone who teaches some players at a higher level may not work for another weaker level... example: Most of the things that Bencb teaches will not work at micro stakes...

Syltan

Syltan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i see many pro players poker selling course,i want to know in your opinion a course really can help ? or you can find the same content for free on the internet
I'm afraid that for free, the same content is not found. I'm more worried when the coach asks to send my database of 100k hands, supposedly for analysis, but on the other hand, mining flourishes. This is especially true for poker schools, which simply collect a huge base of players and use it inside the school.

hennessy5

hennessy5

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
FI
Chips
Best teacher for me has been BlackRain79. He knows what hes talking about and makes everything so simple to understand.

R

Recreationalplayer

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like Finding equilibrium, Alvinteacherspoker, Raise your edge, Upswing Poker and Bluffthespot youtube channels.

Very good content available for free.

T

tiptools

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I believe that the best teacher for poker is experience, No teacher can teach you as much as experience :)

AD_all

AD_all

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
IE
Chips
Very controversial take but hey it is my opinion... Hellmuth.

There are many skilled and experienced poker players who are capable of teaching others how to play the game. Some of the top poker players and coaches who are known for their expertise and teaching ability include:
  1. Phil Hellmuth: Hellmuth is a professional poker player with over $22 million in career tournament winnings and a record 15 World Series of Poker bracelets. He is also the author of several books on poker strategy and has created a series of instructional videos on various topics in poker.
  2. Daniel Negreanu: Negreanu is a professional poker player with over $50 million in career tournament winnings and six World Series of Poker bracelets. He is known for his expertise in tournament play and has written several books on poker strategy.
  3. Phil Galfond: Galfond is a professional poker player with over $12 million in career tournament winnings and three World Series of Poker bracelets. He is also the founder of the online poker training site Run It Once Poker, which offers a wide range of instructional videos and other resources for players of all levels.
  4. Doug Polk: Polk is a professional poker player with over $16 million in career tournament winnings and one World Series of Poker bracelet. He is also a well-known streamer and content creator, and has created a series of instructional videos on various topics in poker.
These are just a few examples of the many skilled poker players and teachers who are available to help others learn the game. It's important to keep in mind that what works best for one person may not work for everyone, and it's important to find a teacher or mentor who aligns with your learning style and goals.