Where to begin learning poker

R

rodrigossbr

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good morning everyone! I'm new to poker and I'm looking for opinions on how I should play at the start of a tournament. Thanks!

V

VladB850

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, I don't think that there is a correct way of playing at the start of the tournament. However I tend to play in a more conservative way because some players go all in with any cards and if they are lucky then you are out in the first hands

Last edited:
Chica_bonita

Chica_bonita

Sad Funny Lady🌬
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
Hello! 🙋‍♀️💞
In fact, there are many criteria that determine how best to start. Of course, it depends on the speed of the tournament. But, in any case, watch the players more and bluff less.

I recommend paying attention to the sections at the top of the page.

Follow the latest news, learn tools and strategies.

Take a 30-day course:

Good luck!🌺🌺🌺

takinitSLEAZEE

takinitSLEAZEE

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Good morning everyone! I'm new to poker and I'm looking for opinions on how I should play at the start of a tournament. Thanks!
Good morning and welcome to the game! Play only decent starting hands in position related to the button. Use patience and don't play hands like ace-rag off-suit or small pairs aggressively. Watch the other players and find your mark. Be relentless when betting and you might just double-up within the first few blind levels. Then you're on your way. Best advice I can give is don't go after bigger stax without a premium-hand and don't do anything stupid. GL man.

Last edited:
MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I think we should start from the basics. In order to get basic knowledge, I recommend you to pay attention to our free course. This course has already helped many players to improve their skills and improve their results. Step by step to the goal. Good luck.

lyki67

lyki67

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BA
Chips
First...just play NL HoldEm poker. Call, raise, check OR go all-in, depending on your cards and see what happens. With time you understand the game and you look for literature, videos and others.... After couple of years you are much better and you can play seriously tournaments.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
As Masha said to you take the 30 day course. That is the best advise you can take to start with. I would say play free rolls at the start or small buy in games. As for the game, I would just sugest playing good hands and as you learn you can play more and more till you get to a good number. Just play it slow.

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When i started to play 16 years ago, I started to learn poker from books, the old ones like Super System and Harrington on Hold'em.

R

ROYALROAD

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Try to be there for at least 30 minutes. Then you will be able to grasp something.

D

daniel888

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I started learning poker by reading books by David Sklansky and Edward Miller. If you have a basic theory of poker, you can read "Secrets of Professional Tournament Poker" – Jonathan Little, "Tournament Poker for Advanced Players" - David Sklansky. They are very good.