when should you attack your opponent

I

ietd123

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
everyone knows it: when the opponent has weak hands. the problem is how you know he or she has weak hands.

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
When to attack? Every time obviously :cool:

1nsomn1a

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
calculate the frequency of attacks and the size of the bet so that it makes a profit at a distance. I think this is the only correct decision.:)

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
everyone knows it: when the opponent has weak hands. the problem is how you know he or she has weak hands.

I think it is more important to know and understand the potential of your hand. If you do not play with junk then you will have an obvious advantage.

R

ROYALROAD

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There is a inspiration, but there is also a table situation.

Leandro6803

Leandro6803

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
in my opinion I like to attack the opponent when he shows weakness on a favorite flop to win, when the opponent checks the flop depending on the card that comes on the turn I start betting heavily to get the opponent out of the hand

lukaji

lukaji

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The best way is to make him think that he is attacking you. For example, call or check the hand that you won in the flop, but raise or all in on the river, think that you are bluffing so call or folding.

M

manIk5

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You never know , you can just guess ... Unless you saw his/hers cards ...

Focus on playing good poker , remember his/hers actions on every street/preflop , and use that info against them when you need it , or you think you can ;)

But basically , try to attack every time , sometimes it will work , sometimes you'll fail ... Thats why bankroll management is so important !

Gl m8

R

Recreationalplayer

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Nut advantage makes attacking the opponents hand easy.
Be more polarized and increase your bet sizing.

tony2521

tony2521

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PA
Chips
when it shows weakness but to know it you must have studied it and know its behavior with a weak hand and you must also attack it when it has position.

eberetta1

eberetta1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I saw my opponent had a thousand chips and i had 3000 chips. if he won this hand, he would have 2k chips. so i thought i would rather fight him now when he has a grand in chips than when it goes all the way around the table and he would have 2 grand in chips.

pick and choose your battles. I chose to scare him off while holding 4 5 offsuit, however he called me with j10. Of course I won the hand because a bigger stack can go in with any 2 cards. well, the 5 promptly appeared on the flop along with a pair of 8's. My pair of 5's held up to give me the pot.

D

dregan

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Of course, you need to carry out attacks at the sight of the weakness of the enemy, but sometimes this is fraught. The enemy may show weakness after receiving an excellent combination that you cannot beat. Well, that rarely happens. Often raises to 3bb or more with a premium card but does not get a pair on the flop and then increases the stacks, there is an extended raise in the form of a bluff.

Oranaro

Oranaro

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You attack him when you're ready, prepare weapon, siege the castle and fight!
Hha joking, but still when you're ready, when you are strong enough, so you value bet, or when he is weak enough to make him fold, so you bluff. How to know that? That's the way of the Jedi, feel the Force, and let it be with you.

Newmy12345

Newmy12345

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That depends on the situation you ended up one on one. If its a MTT final table then you should know at least a bit about your opponenents behavior, therefore adapting your strategy. My favorite strategy is to trap them. Also i like to play dumb a few hands ,minimizing my losses of course,only to surprise them with the final blow haha. I sound like an evil cat lady I know��

rastapapolos

rastapapolos

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DZ
Chips
Perflop, if you play a tournament you should attack smaller stacks near the buble, not every hand but hands like Ax, Kx, especially BVB if you know that they are folding 80% of the time you widen your range.
Postflop when you are the aggressor and there is a board like Axx, Kxx, Qxx. these kind of flops hits your range and your opponent know this, you can make him fold smaller pairs

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Always when you have a good cadrs and then look by the opponent`s reaction.

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
You should attack when you are confident in the strength of your hand, taking into account your position at the table. Otherwise, the attack is an unjustified risk.
Good luck.

Baldy86

Baldy86

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
when he/she raises preflop and then slows down on the flop / turn / river and plays passively . however be careful because this can also mean that he/she is slowplaying a monster hand

in general though it is not that hard to sense if someone has a weak hand . with experience that feeling ability gets better

Gritz18

Gritz18

To Cesar, what belongs to Cesar.
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips

Watch how your opponents are playing, especially when you're not in the hand, watch the showdown, then you'll see what they're opening with. Another thing, note if your opponents limp into the hand a lot, this is already a sign of weakness, some trap, but they are seldom. Some more aggressive players raise every hand, but that doesn't mean they always have a good hand. You will find this style of play a lot in freeroll tournaments, where the vast majority of players are recreational.

Good luck at the tables everyone.

M

mikeajax15

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A million examples but heres one

Attack, when villain xback. And the board favors your range.

Like utg vs bb on a 467 board. The board favors your bb range. So you can put a lot of pressure.