When is it okay to fold KK?

G

granada7

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
No hard and fast rule here. Depends on the table you are playing the level play and what part of the tourney or sng you are in. IN a shovefest its a no brainer to play it but if later in the tourney depends on how your stack measures to the others. I'd fold if I were close to the bubble simply because the strategy is to make the money. On the other hand earlier in the tourney I'd likely call as the reward while risky is worth it to me to get that far ahead early.

PokerNuts01

PokerNuts01

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I fold KK only once, bubble time and raise and reraise after my bet..

P

PLAYFUL1

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Go allin on KK but if you are callin the bet only fold when the Ace appears says Playful

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's a very rare case when a couple of kings are thrown out. For this, you need 100% certainty that this is necessary. In general, players even foreseeing their loss with КK still open.

BlackJesus

BlackJesus

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes its not extremly hard to tell if someone has aces and so you must fold.
For example: Player A raises 3 BB raise, player B re-raises to 8 BB, you, with your kings call, but player A 3bets to 20 + BB. In this case it could be told that there is high probability that player A has aces and you SHOULD fold.

That being said, its not easy and it is easy to speak what one SHOULD do. This is an example from my own experience where I had kings, I read the player and suspected he had aces, but, ofcourse, I had to find that out at the cost of 25 USD (feels ashamed)

Alexandr Svinarshyk

Alexandr Svinarshyk

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would not fold KK in preflop. In any game

pato60

pato60

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
how can we fold good cards from getting fished out at the river is it ok to fold kk early when 3 players go all in before you

It depends a lot on the circumstances: the tournament in dispute, position on the table, the amount of chips you and the other 3 ... But it is certainly a very difficult hand to fold
:acordo::acordo:

Nr98

Nr98

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if im playing a freeroll shovefest definately NEVER FOLDING KK PRE

Exactly, people are shoving with garbage alot of the time.

It would be so hard for me to fold it in a normal tournament as well tho, but with 3 all ins in front of me I might consider it (also depending on tourney stage and stack sizes). Hard to say tho so it's a pretty interesting question, but might be a bit too general. It really depends on the specific hands imo.

B

bigjay2007

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's never ok to fold KK. Can't help myself but i would call any raise any time and take my chances. I would guess that you would only come up against AA less than 10% of the time.

boomboxcafe23

boomboxcafe23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is always hard to fold KK. But in some occasions it is better to fold than to lose. If on flop is A and someone goes all, you don't get the chance against AA. You can take the risk if you think that there will appear another K but the chances are very small. It is up to you.
Definitely sound advice. Always remember any 2 cards can win. The key to poker is minimalizing losses on the hands you lose and maximizing profit on the hands you win.

alar2080

alar2080

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends on the tournament depths of the stacks, position and so on but generally throw away KK preflop is a bad idea

GRANDPAPA929

GRANDPAPA929

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
how can we fold good cards from getting fished out at the river is it ok to fold kk early when 3 players go all in before you

How do you play two kings.

- When playing alone you have to 82.6% to win the random hand of the opponent, and if rivals 4, only 49.7%. Thus, the more opponents, the less chance you have of winning. By raising, you reduce the number of opponents to 1-2.
- Since you have the second best starting hand and the chance to win huge, then by raising, you form a big Bank, which most often will be your.
Making a raise, you will receive one or two call that you very well (sometimes you get a re-raise, then you need to do a re-raise and seek all in). You should also do, if you raise someone announced to you.

Game after the flop:

- After the flop, you should bet at any flop, but a raise from one player and it is also possible to another is sometimes necessary to reset. If the flop came an ACE, in case even just a big bet, you need to reset.

S

sekcapilniqt

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
wait to see the first three cards then if there is no ace and will depend on which part of the tournament to go all-in or wait for them to get a little bit chips

nimburkx

nimburkx

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
if ur stack is smaller than your opponents and if u see at flop A than you can easily try to think to fold, also crucial to watch opponents bets pattern and how strong he play with hand with Ax than u can easily fold your hand, its all based on bet size of your opponents. ofcourse u cant go all in with KK when A on flop!

johnny tigre

johnny tigre

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
never folds KK.... will live and die with it.
Lol

1putnik

1putnik

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If the game on stage of the bubble and you're shortstacked you can drop out even AA, if before were 3 all-ins.

slurredreaction

slurredreaction

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ya, I don't think I can let go of KK either. I know it's not a 100% win, but scared money don't make no money! :)

doggycfg

doggycfg

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
KK it monster hand!If it start tourmanet then only lyze players give all-in!!!In any cases call all-in!!

R

rushdaman

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you never fold KK before the flop. With that being said if you see an ace or two pairs of cards on the flop, turn, or river and someone is betting alot i would fold kk. Oh yeah and watch out for flushes and straights.

Tulipaneiro

Tulipaneiro

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sometimes i fold after when i hit bad flop for me like ace on table. Or 2 pair or straight draw. Everything can happen in poker. But i like to move allin preflop if opponent behind me want do same as me. Its good to make 5x bet or more at pre flop with KK

P

post1ngher

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It would depend on some factors

The Stacks Sizes of those who went all in before than you and your stack size.. If u have plenty and they are kind of short. u gotta move in..if the stacks looks like the same to everybody and you think that you have the edge on the field to beat them post flop without showdown, u should just lay down ur kings.. all u gotta do is just think for a little bit and analize the situation!!

T

Tman300

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it's difficult to fold KK but i already played like that and I was happy I folded them or I would've been kicked out by pocket deuces the river was a 2

S

SoulCracker

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Never before the river. It is live or die with those kowboys. Best bet is to push your stack forward, and hope you chase away the Ace/5's, Ace/7's, A's 3's. If you're beaten by a pair of 6's for example, it's your karma gaining the strength from desperation, and prayer.

Folding in Poker