When is it good to trap in poker?

E

eugenedav

Enthusiast
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
If there is ever such a move lol. Sometimes the trapper becomes trapped in poker. Limping with the best hand is a no no you should always raise. Check taisng is my thing, but sometimes it's costly. When do yall utilize this attribute? :confused:

Nafor

Nafor

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
FI
Chips
There is no infinitive answer to this question. It truly depends on your opponents, and your knowledge of how to best exploit them.

Sometimes it is good to play slow with the nuts, and sometimes you need to make them believe that you have the nuts :fight:

perrywh

perrywh

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
When you have the nuts and the table is playing aggressive!

pavel1111111

pavel1111111

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
when you afford to lose , having a big stack or a lot of money :)

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good trap is where they have no idea where they at in the hand.

black and

black and

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Apparently it depends on my mood. But in general, it's nice when your opponent falls into your trap. Although it is a risky game, but it is fun.

bolsoman

bolsoman

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Trapping is not a great idea in general imo. I only use it as an exploit if an unhinged maniac has position on me.
Fast playing is the way to go most of the time, maybe because I play plo and 5 card plo these days,

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I use traps if I immediately have the best hand on the flop, which can be independent of the cards on the turn and river.

Sivraj

Sivraj

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Trapping your opponent is very risky and a major gamble. I've trapped opponents successfully and there were times when I was tried to trap and ended up trapping myself and lost half or all. Sometimes I raise with monsters and others I've limped with monsters it depends on the situation and which strategy I want to use on my opponent.

IXIX

IXIX

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hmmm

My guess is when you have the nuts and know the villain is going to bet no matter what

Juan Oro

Juan Oro

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes on the flop we already have the Nuts, but a card in the turn or in the river can change everything and sometimes it is better not to give free cards and bet on each street to extract more value or perhaps prevent your opponent from hitting a better hand than yours, it is a matter of the type of players you face and you must adjust your line of play.

najisami

najisami

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
If there is ever such a move lol. Sometimes the trapper becomes trapped in poker. Limping with the best hand is a no no you should always raise. Check taisng is my thing, but sometimes it's costly. When do yall utilize this attribute? :confused:

As you mentioned yourself, trapping or slowplaying is definitely a no no no for any player with a decent experience. The only time one could trap is after having flopped the absolute nuts.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips

vs. overly aggressive players who are very spewy. The types who are just trying to barrel you off of anything & everything (& yah... vs. the types who are check-raising too often and on boards & in spots that make no sense).

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
As far as the many suggestions to trap when you have a huge hand... not necessarily at all.
big hands > build big pots!

P

pwalker4201977

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Anytime really it just depends on who you are playing against n what kind of table you are playing at

fernandofcp

fernandofcp

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When the hand is strong in the game it is better to raise than to let the opponent evolve and end up winning. Better to be safe than to risk it.

pedrovitorcosta

pedrovitorcosta

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
When you play against a agressive player and you have the nuts iis the good one... But not always, you need reed your table very well

ramdon p358

ramdon p358

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
It is ideal to do this when other players are aggressive, there is nothing better than having the nuts when playing against aggressive players

SAKhur

SAKhur

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
One way is to find an aggressive player and provoke him with a small bet from an early position with a good hand on his hands

63burner

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Position of power..

Trapping can often blow up in trapper's face. The only times to trap are when you are in a position of power, table position, stack, player's you are able to read. Trapping is easier said than done effectively.

Swat1197

Swat1197

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When you are vs agr person you can do it

S

successlaw

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That depends on what info you have on the victim..but it happens from time to time to get trapped too :)

samersv

samersv

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
limp with a strong hands:)as::ah4:,:kc4::kd4:) at a distance can bring a lot of problems to such "hunters"

C

cornedbeef

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i like check raise a lot. you can always catch someone