When to bluff!

T

TheWiseWeasel

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well you bluff when you got "that feeling".However you probably dont have to bluff vs BigStackBully because he would not be scared by your rase or vs a player you notice he plays a lot of hands,so yes your position at the table i think matters on a bluff.

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
generally, it depends on the situation, but it is easier to target a specific player to bluff. Preference for a player who plays tighten.

ahil5000

ahil5000

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Many new players tend to bluff way to much. i like to only do bluffs on total nits and players who tend to fold the turn when there a scare card out there, like the king of diamonds, that completes flushes. You should only bluff when u have missed draws so that u have some equity post flop when trying take down the pot.

If u want bluff u must know u opponent and must well situations, you must have a tight image and u your opponent does not have to be an moron
Bluff game is a very delicate game, and here to see prices you can lose more than to get, so do a better rare and that would not have opened your hand :cool:

Reven420

Reven420

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think this is a huge leak in many if not most people's game. Too many people just bluff on a whim. Nobody ever stops to think if it makes any sense. If you are heads up in a pot and it is checked all the way to the river for some reason and a deuce hits the river and that's when someone decides to bet? It doesn't make any sense. Then people get mad and throw out fish or donk to the person paying attention and calls you down with ace high. It should never be a random thing, but yet a carefully though out and executed thing. You have to play the hand like you would if you actually had what you are representing you had. Tell a believable story.

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
bluffing or semibluffing is essential to build stacks , to have an image of a tricky aggressive player . On nits/weak players I do it all the time . I'm trying to evolve this characteristic on my poker play , with my cbets , my blind steals , I'm learning new ways now .

I

ivandrago

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bluff when the table is scary like flush or a pair on table, of if its a weak player. Otherwise dont bluff out of nothing. Dont bluff an aggro.

Mka69

Mka69

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
everything depends on opponents, on aggression or fear. If modest rates and on a table are options to collect a combination (a flash, the street), it is possible to risk;) If the opponent has got to couple only, then he will think about to call

M

Mauno

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can bluff if it feels right .. sometimes you must do. Bad thing is that someone else may not understand you and will call.. or you dint undertand hem :)
Try to observe your opponents before you start to bluff.

L

lyzenn

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I bluff only if I am confident that the player is weak and will occasionally fold to big or even small bets. Bluffing against tough opponents is ill-advised, but the trick is to do it carefully and knowingly, not just throw chips in because "you feel like it". Like, for example, the board is K 9 7, and you have nothing, you can bet big, pretending you have a pair. That's what I usually do, at least.:)

Bogdan Pyts

Bogdan Pyts

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is very dangerous to bluff on River – aware players will quickly get to the core of you. As the good fairy tale a bluff needs to be begun with the distribution of cards. At the same time to bluff directly against all players it will hardly turn out.
Where a guarantee that at someone the strong hand right after a flop isn't collected any more? The best option – when you together apply for bank, at the same time your rival cuts.

CadoARAJ

CadoARAJ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think is important to know against who you are bluffing. Some players do not accept any bluff and they take all the risks. I only bluff with a good potential hand or against a weak player or against who seems to not have nothing in the hand. Sometimes smart players can catch you pretending they do not have nothing in the hand, but in true they are only waiting you kill yourself.

G

gkiss0719

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to bluff but do not always succeed! It depends on what kind of players we sit at a table.

poliaris747

poliaris747

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No matter what card, what the main players at the table! If there is a fish that will check your cards are always, or you already several times before doing the all in would not believe! Watch the players at the table, that's the most important thing!

fly2tsky

fly2tsky

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would bluff when I have position (Btn or nearby) and after calculating opponent's range

R

ritehere

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Only bluff when some certain things come into line. 1. have good position, 2. have a comfortable read on the other player/players you are up against.
Remember "The Bluff", is only one tool in the arsenal of a player.

B

Bestplayerever69

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Novices should avoid bluffing on turns and river and focus on preflop and flop raises much more.

Clark Kent

Clark Kent

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you play with only one person (others go fold), and you could tell he doesnt have anything, you can try him with pot. It is a risk, but sometimes bluff is the only option.

D

Dan Perkins

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ifind when I play tight in a game every so often I will throw in a bluff. doing it this way my win percentage is over 50%.

fantata666

fantata666

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
everyone loves to bluff but do not always get things who knows him knows: D

CriesuaID

CriesuaID

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Especially when your opponent shows weakness. It works best on tables with smaller values, but you have to be careful not to get trapped by someone who has noticed the way you play.

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Bluffing or semibluffing is essential to build stacks , to have an image of a tricky aggressive player . On nits/weak players I do it all the time . I'm trying to evolve this characteristic on my poker play , with my cbets , my blind steals , I'm learning new ways now .

Also when you are the big atsck you can bluff all day , but you really have to be carefull with the very small stacks and their stack-allin , check-raiseallin-bluff . In position and with the right flop , not everytime ofcourse , I try to represent an ace , the flush , an overpair , I like very much semi bluffs when I c bet having back door straight , when my bluff has put a lot of my stack in the pot/overdid it with the bluff and on the turn I have staight flush draw and I can shove to scare villain or play for decent odds or when I can pretend the flush , etc

cranberry

cranberry

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Do not bluff too much, because poker is not composed exclusively of a bluff.
Sometimes the key to a successful bluff is ignorance of the best choices. Bluffing is easier when you really do not know what else to do.

diego farfan

diego farfan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BO
Chips
Make a bluff is more recommended when your opponents show or detect weakness in them

TiReX

TiReX

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Many players turn their cards to bluff in multi-pot trying to knock out opponents with the Bank,especially if hands draw...And often make a huge bet on the river if the draw is not closed.It is usually noticeable.Bluff relevant in the case if you're sure that the opponent has not increased(and you know about his range)

Clark Kent

Clark Kent

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bluffing is a learned skill. Need to find the right opponents and make sure that the bluff makes sense. Too many players just suddenly decide to make a bluff.

Yes, but they lose because they bluff without knowing when to bluff.