What's your thoughts on allin pre flop

N

Natehammer

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I use to be a more risky player with more allin pre flop now I find myself not want to go pre flop so what's your thoughts on pre flop pushes

Matt_Burns88

Matt_Burns88

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
It depends on the situation and the opposition. ~15bb or less, I'm generally looking to get all in pre-flop. 15-25bbs I'm looking for spots to 3-bet shove. 25bb+, all-in is generally not the most profitable play, except in 4-bet pots.

A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In a short stack and in a knockout tournament, shoving preflop is an acceptable strategy, but in all other cases, you can do without shoving.

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
If you are properly rolled (preferably over-rolled), then there are definitely advantages with it for setting a table image or quickly chipping up or both. If you are a poor peasant that's way out of their element with a particular buy-in, then it's probably not a good idea to risk it all on a gamble pre-flop.

Syltan

Syltan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It all comes down to your stack size, not feelings.

Pawlowski

Pawlowski

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It depends a lot on stack, position... but I like it

F

FlushKings311

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Pre Flop

I have done it and can't say it is the best strategy. If you can gauge the table and tell it is a little soft go for it.

niphon56

niphon56

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When short stack, i will all-in preflop.

When someone keep on all-in preflop more than 3 times, i think he may prefer bingo game, and i will call if chips are enough.

10gerka

10gerka

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It will depend on several factors, if you are in a tournament and with a fallen stack you can do it, but always with hands that are profitable in the long term, sometimes we make many mistakes of going all in every time when we are in a robbery zone, that is why you should have a winning plan taking the tables as a guide and not go all in just because.

GNuTTz

GNuTTz

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
All in pre flop

All in pre flop screams free roll most of the time… or low stakes. Otherwise…. It depends on the environment that you have settled in to… ;)