What's your reaction to AJ?

Jogo4

Jogo4

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
you're at the final table and the flop comes JKA, and the turn K.

JhonnyThe357

JhonnyThe357

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
That my final table is a prize, I take advantage of the opportunity. In the beginning or middle of the tournament the game with more caution. But na bolha, whoever has at least one A, eu play aggressively.

Z

zipocool

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
well, we have to look at our stack and the opponent’s stack here, it also matters whether there is a bounty for knockouts in this tournament, the ideal option of course would be to go all in on the flop, the turn of course here significantly enhances the opponent’s range and here we are already playing according to the situation and depending on the size of the stacks, pagejumps can also play a significant role

Gritz18

Gritz18

To Cesar, what belongs to Cesar.
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Everything will depend on how the table is playing, how many chips you have, to many variations for you to be able to make the best decision.

speper

speper

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't like this hand and I don't want to play it and lose it so much

A

aircable

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My reaction is regretting not being more aggressive on the flop.

Xcoder

Xcoder

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I typically don't like AJ, I always seem to be beaten by AK or AQ when I get it. So I normally play cautious when holding AJ

hilary antonik filho

hilary antonik filho

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
What is your position at the table, how was the action of the opponents, how many chips do you have, one thing I will say what I would do, I would go with caution, maybe I would bet 1/2 of my chips, I am not an aggressive player

Mati532

Mati532

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I don´t like AJ.. if I don´t have a position I fold quietly, except in the final instances of the tournament!

INISHTE

INISHTE

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BO
Chips
I would play Check/Call, it would be to see the reaction of the rival to try to make him Fold.

rastapapolos

rastapapolos

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DZ
Chips
Could you tell us how many big blinds you had before the flop and the players at the final table... also the prices influence your play so put them and we'll try to answer..

Madalin Poke

Madalin Poke

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Well, marginal hands like AJ usually are all over the board and typically end at around even. However If I assume the risk it can build up my stack but it can "eat" it as simply as that.

When I play these marginal hand what I'm hoping to see on the flop can be a disaster, some of these hopeful flops can cost me a significant amount of money.

For example flopping top two versus a set (AJ vs 10's with flopp: J-10-A) or middle two versus top two (my AJ vs AQ with flopp: A-Q-J) can make me lose a hefty pot.

So i will react pretty cautiously and I will have to play AJ with due dilligence. But the other detalis of the game can influence my reaction (like how many big blinds i have, the individual style of the opponents, the importance of the stake and etc.)

Anyway every hand is a lotto hand run to the river, the result is the percentage of times the specific hand wins that lottery.

Wish y'all a good day!

Last edited:
W

wavetune

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
this is a losing hand, in most cases, but no one will fold

J

June4Spades

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would limp. That is a dangerous hand. Chances are, someone hit a triple. Even with a queen I might just split the pot.

Jogo4

Jogo4

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You could tell us how many big blinds you had before the flop and the players in the final table... also the prices influenced your game, so you hit and we will try to answer..

Jogo4

Jogo4

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Could you tell us how many big blinds you had before the flop and the players at the final table... also the prices influence your play so put them and we'll try to answer..
you are absolutely right, i will ask a more complete question next time, living and learning.

Atararo14

Atararo14

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
The reaction to each hand depends on the position, the action taken before, the phase of the tournament (beginning, middle, bubble, ITM...), it also depends on the effective stack, the number of players entered in the hand and the profile of the villains.

In cash games, there are no phases.

Lipki3

Lipki3

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Not the most pleasant turn, but AJ will often be stronger than opp's hand.

maxivega

maxivega

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It depends on how you played pre-flop. but my first reaction is to go all in. I don't know if it's the best option, but at that moment you're too far in to get out. :rolleyes: