Whats your method on bluffing with online games?

J

jjny88

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Basically, does anybody have a method they use to bluff other players?

H

havealittlefaith

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Identify a board that has many options that the other player is no currently representing. Think about all those times when all you have it top pair and you're really worried the villain has a monster. You want the other player to be sweating that situation when you bluff.

ff48

ff48

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My bluffs and aggression with the weaker hands in my range are the key to exploiting capped ranges.

Garfield52

Garfield52

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Popsition is important, and you have to watch what the other players have been doing the last few hands to get a read on how they react to cards

57noona

57noona

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I think bluffing comes down to who your opponents are and what the board looks like. Your position is important too.

A

acemenow

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Relative stack size, position and how many left in tourney all contribute to what kind and when I will bluff.

I rarely bluff though so you should probably fold if your up against me lol

619Leafs

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Basically, does anybody have a method they use to bluff other players?

I used to bluff more often based on position and stack size however players are too loose that its becoming harder to bluff.

Right now bluffing is only on occasion and I try to do that by raising in position and trying to represent the board.

T

thackro

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I find it has to be set up just the same as in live poker but I also find that people call more often with weaker hands online than live. Tougher to bluff online because of that but still very doable

S

Slacker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am never bluffing, always have it :biggrin:

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not know the methods of bluffing, but I know its basis.
Bluffing is effective only against one opponent.
or am I wrong?

jmateuspoker

jmateuspoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
BLUFF

If bluff without precise value of being hand deep stack and must be in a position preference against an average stack opponent will not bluff against an opponent who is under 10 BB's

But this applies only in advanced stages of the game or next bubble

:jd4:mateuspoker

F

F8T4L_2_4C35

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
bluffin

For me, it is about telling a story. I pick off so many players TRYING to bluff, based off of nothing more than the line they take. Certain lines make sense, others don't. I generally set up my bluffs by playing tight tight tight, and showing down winners first. Then, using meta game, I can set up my bluff attempts by taking the same lines as before and selling them as made hands. Board textures, position, chip stacks, etc., may also come into play as to whether or not I can range my opponent(s) to get the bluff through. I learned over many years not to 'force' it as well. So many people try to bluff in obvious spots...that's when I call with 3rd or 4th pair knowing it is most likely going to be good, based off of whether or not I feel they HAVE to bluff within their range. Hope that makes sense :D

bc2017

bc2017

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes I can use a min bet on a dry board to just push others out of the pot even when I haven't connected. Usually it'll be semi bluffs I do where I still have a chance of improving my hand - if my hand is not good enough to even beat other bluffs, I'll lay it down. If I see people on the table who consistently fold to bets, I'm more likely to throw in the odd bluff.

J

jefrock21

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you can set up bluffs online by playing tight early. You also have to tell a story that makes sense. If you raise preflop, the cards that hit would have to make sense for a continuation bluff. If you are selling having an A bet it when it hits.

NBDG8477

NBDG8477

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
usually my table image helps out with bluffing in tough situations , if i act as if im playing tight then ill bluff with alot of shortened range style hands if im playing like a maniac and thats how i deem other players see it the same way then ill adjust and play overbet pots with monsters ..all depends on my image and this is the tool that i use with all of my mtts

C

clasrasmusso

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's about playing for what's too short, and how much you have in your stack as well as what the others have. But above all, this is a matter of daring.

S

Sunshinerise

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
my method is to wait the player action before I move one, its clever on that way to see did the player have fear and etc..

JulioJones

JulioJones

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hard to catch them with the "fake swallow" online lols

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the method is simple. the main attention behind the actions of another and then make a decisio

blueskies

blueskies

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
bluff against guys you know can fold.

you are just spewing if you bluff against the idiots who go to the river no matter what. Against these guys, value bet big.

You will be amazed what some of these people call down with. They think pocket deuces is in good shape against bets on all 3 streets. Basically without good luck you cannot beat these guys.

T

tb87

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The best way to bluff is to discern what your opponent is representing / has in their hand. Its obviously important to know the players previous folds / raises / responses. If you are up against a donk who will shove all in with a pair then its obviously not advisable to bluff ever since their range to call is higher. So to sum it up I think the best way to bluff is to know your opponent, then as others have stated, tell a story with your bets.

H

Honest

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Awareness of the situation and having a read on the play are vital in making a successful bluff.

You can test the waters by making a bet if you are first to act, or if no one bets before you and you are in position you can try and steal the pot.

Aggression is your friend but knowing when to cut your losses is very important.

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
good advice and assessment of the situation when using a bluff.
when you read the thoughts of others in the club more experience comes.

xbronk

xbronk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play a different game in each hand I try to look shy and then aggressive I try to completely hide my playing style so that when it bluffs it does not match it and when it is not bluff it seems:(

Top 10 Games