Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I read "PokerMath".):D

I've read a lot of poker books, but a single one as "favorite" is a tough decision. I know lots of people claim that Doyle Brunson's Super System (1 and 2 but especially the first one) are must reads, but personally, I never got around to these yet and don't think I will anytime soon. (got a copy of Super System, but time and motivation to read it is another story).

I've got a few books to get through now (some poker and some not), but most of my reading now is non-poker related.

Pokerstudy

Pokerstudy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Some of my favs

One of the first poker books I read was Phil Gordon's "Little Green Book". It's still one of my favorite books.

I was going to say that! It is such a great book, sure the info is a bit dated for advanced current play, but it is a fantastic book and really teaches you the concepts to play the game great. It is cheap also! I loved it so much I bought the blue, black and gold book also. I haven't read the gold, but the blue and black are awesome also!! A wonderful set of books. In fact they lead my poker books on shelf for my bookshelf. (Loved the green book so much I bought on audio book also, and it is just as perfect)

The other poker book that really opened my eyes and is just fantastic is Annie Duke's "Decide to play great poker" I highly recommend getting it on audio book, the first 4 chapters easily pay for the book itself if playing any kind of live game for cash.

Mental game of poker 1 + 2 by Jared Tendler is fantastic!, will get your mental poker game to being 100% solid!

Those are my main favorites, I also like Johnathan littles' Excell at Texas Holdem as well, very amazing book. <--I will love it more when I understand a lot more of it later, it has some advanced topics but still great for any poker fan!

If you want a fantastic dvd that is CHEAP I highly recommend Daniel Negreanu
Learn to Win at Texas Hold 'Em

It is cheap to buy and entertaining! Even if you have everything mastered (which I did not) he explains it in a way to reassure what you are doing is right. This DVD should be seen by anyone that enjoys the game as its perfect in solid explanation of hold'em play.

Hope that helps!

Last edited:
Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
One of the first poker books I read was Phil Gordon's "Little Green Book". It's still one of my favorite books.
I love this book
for me everything is clearly stated in it
some points have already come in handy in the gam[emoji41][emoji41][emoji41]

Pokerstudy

Pokerstudy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I am currently reading master micro stakes poker by - Alton Hardin on kindle App and it is A+ info!! It has great info I never knew and not “only” related to micro stakes but poker in general, amazing book.

youri

youri

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Doyle Brunson's super sytem is my all time favorite. Currently reading Caro's book of poker tells.

Waleswasp

Waleswasp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Favourite books by category:

Autobiographical
For Richer For Poorer - Victoria Coren

Historical
Ghosts At The Table - Des Wilson

Strategical
Winning Poker Tournaments One Hand At A Time - Eric Lynch, Jon Van Fleet & Jon Turner

U

UkoChebuko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lower your voice, this is just a simple joke.

Last edited:
tagog

tagog

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
David Sklansky "No Limit Hold'em"
Phil Gordon "Little Green Book"

Jim Rivas

Jim Rivas

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I read "PokerMath".):D

The first of my favorites is The Power of Strategy, the second is The Mental Game of Poker. There is another book that would be my favorite if you and I were the protagonists of a wonderful romance and adventure. It would be a dream book! :girlshit:Don't bother with what I write Eva, it's just to make you smile. Health and luck!;)

Pokerstudy

Pokerstudy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
David Sklansky the theory of poker is amazing! About to read Dan Harrington’s books..he won wsop in 94 and I think placed third in 03 with moneymaker (if I remember correctly). The guy really knows tournament poker! I’ll post a brief review once finished.

Pokerstudy

Pokerstudy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
David Sklansky the theory of poker is amazing! About to read Dan Harrington’s books..he won WSOP in 94 and I think placed third in 03 with moneymaker (if I remember correctly). The guy really knows tournament poker! I’ll post a brief review once finished.
On page 67 and this book is really something else! LOL Some of the comments had me LMAO..."the idiot end of a straight!" Perhaps that is common terminology in poker but never heard of it before, classic, I did have to go for a walk laughing after reading it. Using the watch is also an amazing tactic, I really enjoy this book so far. Wish I read it sooner.

I do remember an interview with him...and his brother won a pro golf tournament/championship and made like one quarter what he did at the WSOP, and his mom was going nuts over his brother winning the golf tournament, but he kept repeating that he won whatever million+ and his Mom didn't think anything of it. Hes like Mom, I am the world champion of Poker! And made this much more! She didn't care hahahah crazy (I think that was from the All-In Doc) but I cannot remember, but it was def him that said it, I remember that.

Last edited:
T

tschuwon

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Has anyone of you read "Practical Poker Math" by Pat Dittmar? Pokermath wont get outdatet, right?

barbados

barbados

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
The best poker book is your personal experience.

barbados

barbados

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
The best poker book is your personal experience.

Sschafell

Sschafell

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
book I like a lot and jared tendler's mental poker game.

R

rachelle2291

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't have a favorite poker book and the reason for this is:

If you made a list of all the poker books that I have read in my life and you included in this list the next poker book that I should happen to read...then the list would contain just one book!

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I have many, I read many. Many are good

But I like best two of them: 'Super System' and 'Every Hand Revealed'.