What´s your decision with good hands on UTG?

johnnylawford

johnnylawford

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What speed is the tournament? How short are the short stacks? How important is the min cash for you? Is this a bounty tournament? I think these are factors in your decision too.

If a min cash is a significant portion of your BR and there are a number of short stacks that will go out soon it might be worth waiting. On the flip side if it's a turbo/hyper-turbo 5 blinds is nothing, and if it's a KO you would want to put it in as people will be calling lighter for a chance to pick up your bounty.

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I think that between 7 and 5 bb there is not much difference in any case, to continue the game, you need to double it, I would drop it to get the money that I invested in the game !!! You have very few chips, and it will not be difficult for the players at the table to check you, so in this situation (on the bubble) the all-in is only premium hands or you just give chips !!!

Bobbybones1950

Bobbybones1950

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ugh. Seems like I'm in that situation far too often. Imho if the table has 2or 3 fish might be worth waiting for a better opportunity. If the table is full of nits go for it,:boxing:

I started paying more attention after reading this thread and I've shoved all in with AQo three times most recently and lost every time. Go figure. It's all part of the fun:egg:

M

Mariadelaluz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes I dream to win the hands on UTG.
But, almost all times other players with good hands raise or bet more.
It´s not risky to fold if I don´t have very strong cards.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands