What's one thing holding you back from poker success?

andy112211

andy112211

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
holding me back

In my game I just am not confident enough. The second thing would be aggressiveness. I want to change to a more confident and aggressive player. I think I have the basics down pretty good though. Poker is a very difficult game to master.

MatMackenz

MatMackenz

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think what is holding me back the most if my lack of confidence and fear of failure.

I know I have a good understanding of the game and have had good results in the games I play, but I just have issues commiting to my goals.

I just play the CC freerolls and have been doing quite well in these. I have a modest bankroll and I have been studying daily poker for the past six months. I have a deep understanding of the game, and according to leak buster my playing stats are somewhat optimal and show minimal leaks. I also use a program called poker snowie. I started using that and was rated at intermediate level... now after playing with that for a few months my error rating at Expert Level, playing some sessions now at World-Class.

I just dont feel I am ready yet tho. I will keep practicing against the bots at Advanced Poker Training and Poker Snowie, and then hopefully I will have the confidence to start grinding seriously.

D

duson

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My desire to win is what makes poker harder for me. I tend to try and win hands I should let go or should've folded pre because maybe I lost to someone else in a different hand and they're in this one or because I want my hand to be the best but it's not. I'm having to learn how to be more patient and realize the spots to fold versus the spots to fight for the chips.

This Fish Chums

This Fish Chums

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is easy, two things. Bankroll management which is something I struggle with each and every time I have poker money. It's like I say to myself, ok, I'm going to . . . nevermind, where's the $22 tourney.
The second thing is taking too large gambles mid-tourney or mid-ring game. I'll be in the top 10, see a huge pot with 10 outs and make the call i know I shouldn't be making chasing an behind and lose my shirt.

andy112211

andy112211

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good Question

For 2019 I will keep my BRM under control. One thing I noticed about my play is I don't take my time and think. I make big plays too quickly, I should take my time and think more often. I act too fast. All in all I want to be a better player and make more money this year. There is lots of room to improve my game.

1k95

1k95

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
my strong point is intuition, and weak is when I can't believe her.

acidburnfx

acidburnfx

Senior apprentice
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
The platform algorithm is definitely the main factor for any persistent player who studies the math of the long-term game.

besplatnee

besplatnee

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Denial of reality, hasty decision-making, weak self-discipline. Each player has his own poker cockroaches in his head, some are harmless, others exclude a successful game on a long-term basis.

P

Panda19977

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
One think is of course when I think he has it... he can’t have it.... I call and guess was he has it ��