What's the most effective strategy you've used to deal with an aggressive, unpredictable player at a poker table?

A kiravio

A kiravio

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Hello. My opinion would be to avoid, don't play weak hands only really good hands, don't pay just for the sake of seeing the next card because you are slowly and surely reducing your stack, don't try to force the bets too much because it is possible to overreact which can make you limp. When you are sure of yourself, be very aggressive in this way you calm him down.There's more to say, but it's best to make your own strategy. Good luck!

A kiravio

A kiravio

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Beat them with their own weapons obviously ...
You're right colleague, that's why I installed yesterday to put you on the ground with a trick hand 23😀 I knew what your skin can do, after all I found myself playing badugi in a holdem tournament 🤣🤣🤣

LaNimmer

LaNimmer

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Good old positional poker, play the correct hands for that position and re-raise if the villain is aggressive. You don't need poker analytics and a math degree to make solid straightforward decisions.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
if a player is playing too aggressively and you notice you will need to stop him with a good hand and even go all-in, you just need to wait and choose a strong hand for this because he will pay a lot, the main thing is to have patience and endurance that will allow you to defeat such a player

Wedersonalas

Wedersonalas

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
And I tend to make mistakes, in my humble opinion when they accept a top pair they become blind and don't see the connectors or the mods!
Then and just let him be the aggressor generally they go all in very frequently in the last action

pentazepam

pentazepam

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SE
Chips
Depends on if he is a thinking LAG or just a stupid maniac. If he is the latter you could either trap him if he takes every check as a sign of weakness. Or play back at him with a stronger range if he calls you too much with his weaker range.

If he is a good LAG it is very important to have position on him. Otherwise: is no shame to just change tables.

Mag_P1e

Mag_P1e

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I have one “recipe” - 100% value, 0% bluff. “Imitation” of weakness and doubt also works well for me, long thoughts, limping with monsters, checking flops allow us to easily speed up the pot to such an extent that we go all-in on the river.

john_entony

john_entony

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Share your experiences and tactics to help fellow players tackle this challenge.
In different ways, to be honest. More often, of course, it's the expectation of a strong hand. But it all depends on the amount of chips. If you don't have a lot of chips, you don't have to wait - you have to play with what you have on hand. :eek::D

Nikon10000

Nikon10000

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
UA
Chips
Be patient: Don't try to compete with an aggressive player on every hand. Expect strong cards and focus on getting advantageous situations.