Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
You are on the right track!

Play less hands.

Virtually every top pro let alone every poker book will recommend playing fewer hands and make sure those are premium ones. There are endless discussions regarding keeping a certain VPIP rate no matter...but...being TAG player to my core, I find increasing the pots I get into by broadening my range generally a recipe for leaking chips if not a disaster.

If you take the time to study high level tourney streams, some pros are naturally inclined to enter a lot of pots but others are not. Rather than playing 20% + some pros play in the very low teens. It all depends on the cards they are being dealt - they adjust when receiving a string of mediocre hands and do not force the issue.

Last edited:
B

Baxter2424

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Im playing always with my feelings..
Sometimes i do it good, call good...
sometimes ofc i lose..
from 100k its easy to get 0 chips..
and you must always thinking..
sometimes i call with a 2, sometimes i fold with a 10..
feeling and smart tactic is something you must have always!

R

Rad210

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Avoid spewing and, for the most part, triple barrel bluffs are spewing

S

stephenpowell

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks

You are on the right track!

Play less hands.

Virtually every top pro let alone every poker book will recommend playing fewer hands and make sure those are premium ones. There are endless discussions regarding keeping a certain VPIP rate no matter...but...being TAG player to my core, I find increasing the pots I get into by broadening my range generally a recipe for leaking chips if not a disaster.

If you take the time to study high level tourney streams, some pros are naturally inclined to enter a lot of pots but others are not. Rather than playing 20% + some pros play in the very low teens. It all depends on the cards they are being dealt - they adjust when receiving a string of mediocre hands and do not force the issue.

Thanks I found this helpful

mar_dragan

mar_dragan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You need experience to know when to call,when to raise,when to fold.
Then you need patience,just calm down relax,andplay your game.

JJP

JJP

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Patience is the best overall poker tip I ever received. Applied correctly can be a very profitable thing to learn :)