What is your winning freeroll tournament strategy?

L

letsdothis1

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i play the free rolls at ACR and top 10 get paid, normally 500 in them most of time.....first 3 levels i call moderate raises with any PP QQ and under as most will call shoves with any A or 2 face cards. AJ suited or better i call a moderate raise . if i get AA KK i just shove this early stage, they raise most times they call anyways and ur will likely have 1 other in there 2. there we start 1500 chips so when i hit 10k chips i open up and not shove all in as much.....ill add TT JJ AK into the 3 bet range....only time i shove then is if im isolating and i do that with AA KK AK only......when we get down to 30 everyone gets so tight then thats where i start to semi bluff or maybe 3bet with any2 trying to steal, but only if i got a really good stack, normally top 5 and have set a tight table image.....with 30 to go i try to win or steal the blinds at least once an orbit.....to maintain my stack........the ten center 100 gtd is like a free roll i have 2 wins and 7 final tables in that event in november of this year playing this way, i have made the top ten in the points for the free rolls playing this way, it works for me so i dont change it

S

sujeesh811

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Try to play tight initially.There will be a lot of players who play too loose and shove in the early stages of the game .Once you build a decent stack widen your range and be more aggressive.In the latter stages play tight.

suvorov17

suvorov17

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At the beginning of the tournament to play only premium hands When the BB 100 can be played with , connectors and broadway hands

G

Geldi

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Playing in a freeroll, it sometimes seems that you find yourself in a closed poker world that is totally different from cash games or tournaments usual. From different parts of the table constantly flying all-ins, and few can explain why he moves his chips in the middle.
Only play good starting hands.
Makes a great big bets and raises more than in a normal game.
If you have a good hand, bet, bet and bet again.
If you do not, well, nothing can be done. Do not try to bluff.
That is, in principle, and all. We look forward to a good map and forth.

O

oooo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In the early stages, play very tight, after 30 minutes of game you can start to be a little looser, and after 45/50 minutes you go agro. Works like a charm for getting ITM, hope it helps your game too. Good luck!

A

ATOMs01

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Need patience ...
Good cards can not immediately come.
Further on the circumstances.

B

bambiswag

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Wait for good hands and bet with agressive.

Try to find those players who are allways raising and pay with good hands.

Be very patiente and wait for game it's the way.

I agree with this ... wait for those good hands and capitalize on the recklessness of at least 1/2 the people in freerolls :D

iflylight

iflylight

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
in freerolls go all in with any two big cards in the first few hands and if you bust not a big deal but if you build a big stack try not to lose it straight away

okeedokalee

okeedokalee

Glory To Ukraine
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
Make your 65 posts and join the freeroll club on cardschat.Good players where you are able to play a decent standard of poker.
All other freerolls are a turkey shoot.

T

tj6073

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tight in early stages, only premium hands preflop. limit slowplaying. Pay close attention to opponents tendencies.

B

bifelis

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Play tight aggresive game - lots of players are passive and very loose and will pay your good hand. Do not steal against loose opponents.

zsoltyx2

zsoltyx2

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
wait a good hand but i tray anyhand when the blinds is small

MTCashman

MTCashman

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Have patience, others do not have it in freerolls so just wait for a good spot

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sounds kinda simple, but I'm just looking for hands to double up on. Then take advance of players playing tight at the bubble.

Michael Paler

Michael Paler

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, how about a list of some things you will see in a FR that you should not repeat.

1. The overpair shove: A guy will call a big raise with A6, hits the six, but other guy shoves, so A6 calls and finds....the other guy has KK/QQ/JJ or a set, etc; Unless he catches a 6 or an A, he is dead (and drawing almost dead if the guy has a set)

2. The "what's a kicker?" syndrome: They show up with one paired King, but a duce kicker, so they lose to a sucker who played K9. Or both lose to a guy with AK.

3. "But, it was suited": many only play Ax or Kx suited. Far more play any two suited cards and guess what? You are most likely drawing dead to a higher flush.

4. "I got a pair; lets rock": one pair is not squat. Yet, many will call/shove all in on horrible boards with one pair.

5. "Oh!OH! I want in!!" There is no such thing as a good pre flop hand if in a 5 way all in. Not even aces. Seen many a better hand get destroyed when in a 3 or more all in preflop melee.

6. "I gotta pair, better bet big UTG": Need I say more? Raising 5x with 88 UTG is suicide. Better pairs will 3 bet/shove, leaving you hoping for a set. Actually, betting huge is a major mistake many make. They just end up looking at boards horrible for the pair they hold, end up losing more chips or folding after shelling out a huge chunk of the chips they are going to need later to survive.

7. "I'm going to slo play and trap this sucka!": Yeah, and letting 4 others limp in for a free flop could never backfire for your AK or AA, will it?

8. "If I never bet, only call, they will bluff off all their chips to me!": Or, more likely, they will have your fantastic flopped 2 pair/set beat by giving them two free cards to beat your hand. Plus, you will NEVER get proper value always checking your big hands.

9. "I can slo the game right into the money": Sure you can. Drag down the timer each and every hand. And find yourself 110 players away with 5 big blinds. Good luck with that, zippy. BTW, this is a very pervasive "strategy". There are a huge number of morons out in poker land that actually think they can do this. MAYBE close to the money with a short stack; but as a whole-game idea, it's just stew-pid. Yet, this does nothing to stop them from running down the timer in a game with 5 minute levels and 800 entrants, trying to make that magic min pay.

10. "It's just a freeroll": Covers-it-all excuse to play any two cards, OOP, badly and still suck out.