What are your first thoughts when deciding to limp call when you have a high pair?

dangbaonguyen93

dangbaonguyen93

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VN
Chips
When you holding AA, KK, QQ. And you deciding to limp call. What were your plans at that time?

dannystanks

dannystanks

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
US
Chips
You should think of why limping the strongest starting hands would be more profitable than making a raise.

eberetta1

eberetta1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
That would be insanity. I would raise to get rid of the junk cards from going in. Only reason I would be thinking of not raisin here is because I wanted to win more chips, and I am a small blind and worried the BB would fold or hope I hit trips on the flop. I would also be thinking my hand is gonna lose to a straight or flush by not raising, and I would deserve to lose.

L

luk0123

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
I don't think it's a good idea to limb call. With that kind of hand you should always raise pre floop. Unless there are many players going all in. Then I would fold as many Times I lost with rwally weak hands.

sibkaz

sibkaz

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
That you're likely to have to discount them... Also, the damn mouse broke again, I didn't have time to reraise)))))

Mr.$t0k

Mr.$t0k

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
encourage people to raise or push and then try to win the hand

Z

Zipptydoodah

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
I play in a regular home game ($30 Buy in) where at least 6 players will see the flop no matter what the initial raise is at the start of a game. In this case making a huge preflop raise and then going against several players in my opinion is not a good plan. In this case I limp with AA and if I do flop an A I most definately will get action and a double or triple up. Later in the game fewer players will play so then it is ok to raise preflop with AA to narrow the field down to one or two.

edenman1

edenman1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Lately I have been thinking whos going to beat my AA with their 10 2 and catch a flush lol

SpanRmonka

SpanRmonka

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I am never looking to limp call with these hands. I may occasionally limp with AA or KK but never with QQ. After my limp I'm looking to call a shove, or re raise any raise that has occurred.

The main times I may do this are when expecting a crazy player to shove, or maybe someone has just lost a lot of chips and they are likely to shove, plus I am UTG/UTG+1. Or maybe its late stages and lots of players are short and there is a lot of shoving going on....a good time is just after bubble bursts, as players tend to have been holding on to get into the money.

However, all that said, these are very very rare occasions with specific table dynamics.

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My first thought is not to limp call, it is how many effective blinds do the remaining players have and how can I maximize my EV.

9peso

9peso

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I only limp call when my opponent plays aggressive and I'm convinced that he has something, then mostly he goes all-in and I check it.
At this point my first thought is to calculate how many stack will I have $$$