What is your biggest weakness as a poker player?

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think we all have one weakness in poker. Everyone wants to win a lot of money. But it remains only in dreams. Even the one who says that poker for him is just a game somewhere far in the soul to get enough of a good win.

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've been working on this one: I used to bluff too much. Perhaps it is connected to the patience many members are mentioning, but I improved greatly when I realized I could just value bet calling stations constantly and they will seldom adjust much. I was too often getting into the flawed mindset of thinking I could bet x-amount or semi-bluff x-hand to get someone to fold their flush draw or whatever; some players just won't fold and there is no point in bluffing them.

p.s. I know this is a "basic" point, but it was an important one for me when I grasped it.

Maybe not directly connected to the game, but I think my current biggest weakness right now is my lack of poker study on a computer. I know there are lots of poker programs out there, but that is something I never got into using and I think I am missing out by not utilizing these resources (I do use the free program Equilab, but naturally "free" software is only so helpful).

D

Delfino

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think my weakness is actually folding too early. I'm always scared of a big bet or raise and see nuts in opponents hand. Especially on lower stakes I should call a lot more. The problem is if I call something I believe is a bluff and he shows me nuts I'm devastated. I really like to make a good call and even losing by lucky river doesn't make me feel that bad as just calling with worse hand...

J

jmg199

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I lose focus and become disinterested unless I'm actively in a lot of hands.
Fun when it works but that's an easy way to lose a lot of chips.

marcopero14

marcopero14

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm so distracted , that's mi weakness

zinzir

zinzir

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My weaknesses are too numerous to count, but the most significant are the lack of poker skill and experience.

akgross

akgross

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My most common mistake is a game with bad cards against strong players.:secruity:

PINOY

PINOY

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My biggest weakness in poker is not putting opponent in range of hang before getting involve and folding the river even i think i am beaten.

I

ios

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
My biggest weakness is that I don't like taking away chips from people who I like or who are nice to me :)

IntenseHeat

IntenseHeat

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
My biggest weakness is that I don't like taking away chips from people who I like or who are nice to me :)

Don't worry about this. Take their chips anyway. Apologize profusely if it makes you feel better. But keep taking them! You' get used to it.

Stabbi

Stabbi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My biggest weekness is my brain. If i am fil in game i can win anyone, but most of the time i play good half game and then my concentration goes down and i lose

V

valetgll

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My weakness is that I would like to devote more time to poker but there is no way.

M

markmu

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
usually after 1 hour in game i start to loose my focus and make bad mistakes. Usually i just call sth. but i haven't seen on the board that my opponent probably has a flush. I already can't remember all the times that this happend

M

marcoslopezbl

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'll say this here and only once, but I don't suppose I'm the only one that overpays for straight and flush draws... come on! :)

tihomir_kula

tihomir_kula

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
Sometimes I play very bad in the middle of the game.Very often enter in money,but take last positions.Its too difficult for me to be a chip leader.

P

pablo lima

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
my weakness

my weakness is not knowing how to control myself when i lose a very profitable hand like me 78% and my opponent 22% it always happens both in 888 and in pokerstars i stay to break my notebook with so much anger.

M

meter

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
My biggest leak/weakness is getting raised at the turn with 2.pair and dont believe they have the low set. Limping with small.pair an call my raise. I know it is clear that i am beat. But hard to.lay down 2 pair

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
My biggest weakness is laying down Pocket Rockets even when I feel I am beat, I need to see the river.

odo333

odo333

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Being impatient is not only your downside. Also, I often experience overly hasty decisions out of boredom or unwillingness to wait for a better hand. I think it's the hardest part of poker to play for money

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
My biggest weakness is not knowing what my biggest weakness is... :biggrin:

Costy69

Costy69

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My biggest wakness as a player

My biggest weakness as a player is calling these guys online and having them dominated and the outflop me. Its crazy. But im not gonna stop doing it.

angelluv725

angelluv725

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My biggest weakness is boredom..:boring:

lcid86

lcid86

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Time. I start games when I don't have time to finish them. End up playing loose trying to build a quick bankroll.

diego farfan

diego farfan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BO
Chips
lack of concentration when interrupted while playing

mervin88

mervin88

Visionary