What is your all-in pre-flop calling range?

M

Muruanha

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Dear players, what hands do you pay an All in preflop? Just AA, AK, KK or other?

X

xy23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends on which type of game ( cash or tournament ), my position, my table image, whether 6 handed or 9 handed, so many different factors.

Astokato

Astokato

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A good player must, in my opinion, play all in only with monster pairs AA or KK. In others he gets enough risk without need.

Bluffzone68

Bluffzone68

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BZ
Chips
I would not go all in with any cards unless I am short stacked, or push someone who is short stacked to call my hand.
Otherwise its a % of stack to raise depending on circumstances.
Thanks
Manoj
Bluffzone68

T

tmfnsanders

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
there are 1326 total combinations of preflop starting hands... I've happily shoved every one of these at certain times, I've probably also unhappily shoved all of them at certain times as well. All depends on the situation but one good pointer to remember is

If you're the one shoving, not only does your opponent have to have a hand to call with, they also have to have the balls to do so, not only that but then they need to fade the 5 board cards in order to bust you. You're essentially putting them in a cage with anything besides premium holdings. Now on the flip side if they are shoving it reverses the roles and forces you to do all of those things.

Its almost always better to be the one shoving than calling off shoves, because you can win the pot 2 way- they can fold, or we can win at showdown. Calling shoves leaves you only 1 way to win the pot- showing down.

Tbone461

Tbone461

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to squeeze all in with 99 or better when there is already a big pot in the middle.

RagNar87

RagNar87

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
AA KK QQ , if im short staked any high card combination or suited cards

WiredKs

WiredKs

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In a cash game is rare I would go all in preflop, even with aces. There's just too much more hand to play.

On the other hand, in a tournament it's quite possible to have shove range preflop.

The goal in a cash game is to maximize wins and minimize losses and to leave with more money than you started with. In a tournament the goal is to accumulate every single chip that is in play.

M

Muruanha

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
In my opinian, its depends on my position, type of game ( cash or tournament ) or stack. In tournament, with a short stack, even one QQ is good, but if I have one considerable stack and its have a possibility that I loose 50% or more from my stack, just AA, otherwise I fold, because there will still be so many hands to play and win.

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Think you really need to consider the effective stack sizes. AA is way different at 6bbs and 3000bbs deep.

maezma

maezma

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I try not to go all in preflop and I can even call a bet like this depending on the position, the stack of chips, the instance of the tournament. It also depends if it is a tournament or cash. The reason why I avoid this is that despite being a very strong hand preflop any of the ones that you mention the community cards always give us unpleasant surprises. That is why it is better to build the boat and analyze the play step by step. Sometimes it is necessary to stop playing with the preflop cards and be a strategist. The odds and statistics fail, they are inaccurate.

Regards.

A

AngelBLR_Poker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Everything depends on the seat at the table and how many people raised all in. Usually, I put an all in preflop with AA, KK, QQ, and all.

C

Cloxy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The AJ+ suited vs 2 or 3 opponents or unsuited in other cases.
The pocket pair of QQ+ vs 2 or 3 opponents or the pair of sevens plus in other cases.

J

jadestem

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In a cash game is rare I would go all in preflop, even with aces. There's just too much more hand to play.

On the other hand, in a tournament it's quite possible to have shove range preflop.

The goal in a cash game is to maximize wins and minimize losses and to leave with more money than you started with. In a tournament the goal is to accumulate every single chip that is in play.

In a cash game, specifically, you should go all in pre-flop with aces every chance you get. It's tournaments where you may theoretically need to lay it down in certain spots.

In a cash game the only real goal should be to make as many +ev plays as possible and as few - ev plays as possible. All in with aces pre-flop in a cash game is gonna be +ev every time.

Last edited:
L

lelunch99

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Dear players, what hands do you pay an All in preflop? Just AA, AK, KK or other?

well , it depends, if it's early stage tournament, i suggest you go for tight all in PREFLOP but the more the tournament stage is near to either the bubble or near the end, I suggest that you loosen up a bit, for example, the same player almost always shove on Dealer position or High jack, well, you can call a little less tight if you might be alone against the all in player
but if you shove youre stack, i strongly recommand to wait a good spot to do it as a blind stealth if it's worth it! anyway, considering the luck factor, I prefer tight early and a little more loose when people are tempted to struggle to call because they could be scared to bust before the bubble!

S

SubZero111

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My preflop all in calling range is standard for most poker games. Its any two cards. And that's why I get called a fish and a donkey quite often....just kidding. Lol

1sunchin

1sunchin

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In freerolls I can call allin with any two cards. In other cases I can fold even AA if villain shoves preflop - all depends from many factors.

M

malaka

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hi,AK,AQs,TT+ this is you calling range if you are new to texsas holdem,in the futcher whene you learn the game you can make some hero calls whit 20$ of you range

dedok0525

dedok0525

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With AA, KK I call all often. In the later stages of the hand of AK, AQ, AJ, A10ss A9ss also pretty good hands against aggressive players. Either against small stacks, which will try to play very aggressively lot A

david1bear

david1bear

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would say AAs and KKs but in reality some situations I have went all in with AJ:0)

hachile1

hachile1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

it depends what opponent throws all in, if with a cautious opponent even with AK I hesitate, on the other hand if it is someone aggressive I will follow his all in with 99, 10 10, JJ ... and it depends also on my position if my chips are much more than my opponent I will follow him even with 10 J

sharipov8090

sharipov8090

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It all depends as always on the depth of the tournament, if it is a cache, then knowing the opponent, you can afford to go ollin with AK.And so only KK and AA.