What would you tell a new player?

Syltan

Syltan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The main thing that I would say to the new player is that you should not quit your job or study, for the sake of poker. Poker money is very hard work. Nowadays it becomes more and more difficult to make a living with poker.

J

joksic7

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would like to send a message to players who, when they have a bad bet, do not go all-in with any book like desperation. Patience, patience, patience.

D

darpblog

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If I were to go back, I'd stop myself from playing in tournamets outside of my bankroll, and play smaller fields. Also read more, play less.

Filip Krstevski

Filip Krstevski

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Play TAG (tight and aggressive). Build your own stack, make sure you are very patient player, and never tilt after a lose. Try to clear your mindset before even entering a tournament and focus 110% on the tournament. And as a new player i recommend to play only 1 tourney at a time or maybe 1 freeroll and 1 0.55$ - 2.20$ BIG.

C

CallmeFloppy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would tell them to play a game and learn the basic flow of a game. Then read a beginner poker book like Phil' Gordan's Little Green Book.

zulemochka

zulemochka

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What's the one most important thing you learned about playing poker? Mainly tournaments

I learned that you can not go olihin with any even an over card, even a pair of aces. After all, in any case, if the opponent has a pair, then he is more likely to catch thrips or full house.

radartodd69

radartodd69

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What I would say to the beginner.

Enjoy beginners luck while it lasts. You don't get away with much it seems when you become an older player.

zulemochka

zulemochka

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I learned that you can not go olihin with any even an over card, even a pair of aces. After all, in any case, if the opponent has a pair, then he is more likely to catch thrips or full house.
This is a very controversial issue. After all, maybe I have the same pair of deuces, so I'll take and go olin, or even 72 different. As is often the case, even with such a hand, I can beat a couple of aces, and in turn, it will even be very offensive. After all, this is poker, and everything is possible !!!

MKaizer07

MKaizer07

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The first thing I would say to a new poker player is that you don’t have to win every hand.
The second thing is try not to play out of your comfort zone. Meaning don’t try anything fancy until you have a better grasp of the game.
Third , you must have patience in a tournament.
I could go on and on but lastly, I would try to see as many flops as I could in the beginning of tournaments so that I could have more of a chance building my stack. Hope this helps

johnny tigre

johnny tigre

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Patience is a virtue.....Bring it to the tables. :)

D

darpblog

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Mtts have have very high variance and a lot of volume is required to see results in the bigger fields, A LOT.

schtiuky

schtiuky

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
to have faith and to have patience. cuss time will never have again.

Poker Tells