• Thread starter ChrisFoxWallace
  • Start date
C

ChrisFoxWallace

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey CardsChat members, I'm Chris 'Fox' Wallace, a professional poker coach, author of three books on the game, wsop bracelet winner, and a member of the team here at CardsChat. I'll be writing more strategy content this year, and I want to know what you would like to read about. I already have an AMA here on the forums (https://www.cardschat.com/forum/general-poker-13/chris-fox-wallace-poker-pro-coach-495108/), so take specific questions over there and I'll be happy to answer them. This thread is more for general questions and suggestions for subjects you would like to read about.

I can teach, and write about, nearly everything. Games I've played for a living include limit holdem, no-limit holdem, tournaments, sit and gos, and all manner of mixed games including Omaha, draw, and stud variants. I have students playing all these games, both live and online, so there really isn't a subject that would be a problem to write about. So, what do you want to learn this year?

Nafor

Nafor

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
FI
Chips
There is really nothing new under the sun when it comes to poker. There are some questions that pop-up once in a while on this forum and we volunteers try to answer them the best we can.

After excluding all the very specific questions, two more general questions are asked every so often.
They are:

1) After a person has completed some basic online course or read a book what would be the best way to continue learning? The problem is that a basic course guides a clear path from A to B, but after that the continuation becomes more obscure since there is so much information out there. If a person does not want to pay some 100$/month for some site subscription how (meaning in what order) he/she should continue learning?

2) At which point paying for a coach is worth the money? Of course, if a coach can help an individual to understand some concept that he/she has struggled with then one can argue that it was money well spent. But some of the people who ask this seem to be still stuck with the basics. So in your opinion what would be the moment where hiring a coach becomes really fruitful?

These two questions could deserve some deeper insight in your future posts.

On a more personal note, I would like to see more teachings about fixing tournament leaks. In my opinion that part of the game has received less attention that it deserves.

C

ChrisFoxWallace

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thank you Nafor! That is great insight. I'll definitely try to cover those topic specifically in the coming months.