jonaselloco

jonaselloco

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Hello my friend Carlos! My name is Ciro, just like on the profile! How have you been?
Sorry for the delay in responding to your message, I haven't been online much in the last week, but here I am to resume our conversation...
I agree with your position on disproportionate rivalry in football; in fact there are always those who extrapolate and take fanaticism to the extreme, which is sad. I hope for positive feelings in both directions and that there can always be a positive rapport, which is always very productive. Big names in football mentioned by the colleague, this is what should be valued, football well played, and not the passport of the players. Now I'm going to tell you, What a cup final you gave us, it went down in history. congrats, awesome!

About Negreanu, I follow his channel on youtube, I always watch his content, I started his poker course, but I'm still in class 2.

Omaha seems to improve readability, I'll play more seriously, it seems more interesting to me now!

Nice to meet you friend, hope we can keep in touch big hug!
Hello Ciro how are you brother

It is a great pleasure to meet you, and to have a new Brazilian brother, a country that I like very much.

What you say about football is true. Hopefully at some point the stupid fanaticism between us brother will end. If that were the case, Brazilian-Argentine soccer would be a great power worldwide.

Regarding the final kkkkkk :censored::censored::censored::censored::censored:My God, what I suffered kkkkkk But thank God we won it.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Well brother, don't miss out, do the necessary work here on posts so you can play the beautiful platinum level tournaments soon.

One piece of advice, if you're just starting out with poker and want to play Omaha, learn it well first, and then never play at high-value tables, only do it on mini stacks.

A big hug and keep in touch brothe:giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle:

L

LOKIE77

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You can look at it this way and depends on how much time you have to study and what format you would like to learn first. Cash games are easier to learn and once you're comfortable with a basic strategy you can learn all the mechanics etc at the low stakes and then advance to higher stakes 25/50 cents than move up 1/2$, 2/5 etc. You can come and go in cash games and winning should be more consistent. For tournaments you need alot of time and be prepared to not make it into the money very often when you are learning tournament strategies for the various stages ie early, middle, money bubble, late stage and final table all these stages have different strategies and then you have the ICM concept that comes into play on deeper runs in tournaments. I found this article helpful. https://www.blackrain79.com/2017/09/tournaments-vs-cash-games-what-pros-play.html

Tournaments vs Cash Games: What the Pros Play [2023]. gives some suggestions and pros and cons​

AAlemOon

AAlemOon

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
actually the books teach you the basics and the game pattern to follow, but if you follow a pattern then it would be easy for your future actions to be read

Ciro Santos

Ciro Santos

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
Hello Ciro how are you brother

It is a great pleasure to meet you, and to have a new Brazilian brother, a country that I like very much.

What you say about football is true. Hopefully at some point the stupid fanaticism between us brother will end. If that were the case, Brazilian-Argentine soccer would be a great power worldwide.

Regarding the final kkkkkk :censored::censored::censored::censored::censored:My God, what I suffered kkkkkk But thank God we won it.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Well brother, don't miss out, do the necessary work here on posts so you can play the beautiful platinum level tournaments soon.

One piece of advice, if you're just starting out with poker and want to play Omaha, learn it well first, and then never play at high-value tables, only do it on mini stacks.

A big hug and keep in touch brothe:giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle:
Hello again, my youngest, Argentinian brother! I can say that I am equally happy to meet him and be able to call him a friend!

Still about the final, I imagine that you suffered until the last moment, it was too emotional, a historic final, almost cinematic, without a doubt one of the most emotional I had the pleasure to watch, I just won't say it was the most emotional because I had the happiness to witness the 2002 final, although I was still very young, obviously it would be more exciting for me, since we were champions, but that is something extremely subjective Lol. Now the 2022 Cup Final, the way it was built, I bet it demanded more from Argentine hearts, even the deserved victory, deserved because the selection came from a simply incredible campaign, Scaloni really knows things.

Making the connection with football, Ronaldo, the one in my profile picture, is part of the PokerStar family, I don't know if the tables he participates in are advertised on all channels, but here at PokerStar brasil, there's always a video with some hand he played, I'll send you a link to an insane bluff by Ronaldo, I was watching it here, I believe you can see it with translated subtitles, if you haven't seen it yet, we can talk about some hand played by Ronaldo later:

O BLEFE INSANO de Ronaldo ♠️ O Melhor da Shark Cage ♠️ PokerStars Brasil

Now, in fact, I am looking forward to playing in the beautiful platinum level tournaments, I hope to reach this level soon and with a consistent game.

I reached the silver level in the last week, but I need to improve my game a lot, as I said before, although I've been playing poker for a long time, only in the last few months I decided to take my game to another level, before that I only played with a few friends without any pretensions , so online didn't excite me, although I performed well among colleagues at the real table, online I never won, I didn't have the skills to compete, even in micro-stacks.
Since I started to study and understand Poker more seriously, I've already observed some evolution, I only play micro-stacks, but I already manage to reach the final table in most of the tournaments that I participate, I get some prizes, and I've even been the champion of some few.
In Cardchat Tournaments, so far I only got two prizes, two of the lowest prizes; despite being small achievements, they are enough to make me happy, since previously I was eliminated at the beginning of tournaments. Haha ha. Participating in the forum has encouraged me a lot to evolve as well.
With regard to Omaha, I'm going to follow your advice, I'm thinking of learning more about the dynamics of the game and starting at play money tables, before venturing out for real. I believe that the reason it took me so long to raise my game in “No Limit Hold'em” was that I mistakenly ventured into bigger stakes with a bad game, believing that I would have the same result as the real tables I played, so the results online negatives have frustrated me in the past, but now I have another understanding. Online players are getting better, which is actually good, demanding more and more of our skills, and leaving the game level at the top, I think that each victory in an increasingly competitive and even more enjoyable scenario.
Big hug brother, and I'm waiting for your contact!!

Ciro Santos

Ciro Santos

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
You can look at it this way and depends on how much time you have to study and what format you would like to learn first. Cash games are easier to learn and once you're comfortable with a basic strategy you can learn all the mechanics etc at the low stakes and then advance to higher stakes 25/50 cents than move up 1/2$, 2/5 etc. You can come and go in cash games and winning should be more consistent. For tournaments you need alot of time and be prepared to not make it into the money very often when you are learning tournament strategies for the various stages ie early, middle, money bubble, late stage and final table all these stages have different strategies and then you have the ICM concept that comes into play on deeper runs in tournaments. I found this article helpful. https://www.blackrain79.com/2017/09/tournaments-vs-cash-games-what-pros-play.html

Tournaments vs Cash Games: What the Pros Play [2023]. gives some suggestions and pros and cons​

Thank you friend! Your tip was very helpful.

Ciro Santos

Ciro Santos

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
actually the books teach you the basics and the game pattern to follow, but if you follow a pattern then it would be easy for your future actions to be read
Have you been playing poker for a long time, my friend?

JeffSBrito

JeffSBrito

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Hi Guys!

Although poker has evolved over the years with the advancement of technology and the emergence of new training tools, poker strategy books are still valuable and relevant to study. While it may be true that some information is available online, books have a number of advantages that make them a valuable source of poker knowledge. Here are some reasons why poker strategy books remain a viable option for study, for example:

Theoretical foundation: Poker strategy books provide a solid foundation of theoretical knowledge. They cover essential concepts, strategic theories, and fundamental game principles. This theoretical foundation is crucial to understanding the game and developing a solid strategic mindset.

Detailed approach: The books offer a detailed approach to different aspects of the game. They cover a wide range of topics such as hand selection, positioning, reading opponents, bluffing, betting, and more. By diving into a strategy book, you can gain in-depth and specific insights into each of these game elements.

Expert Perspectives: Many poker strategy books are written by professional players and renowned experts. They share their experiences, insights and strategies that have led them to success. Having access to these perspectives can enrich your knowledge and give you a deeper understanding of the game.

Complement to online learning: While there are a variety of online resources available, poker strategy books can complement these resources. They offer a more structured and organized approach, which can be useful for those who prefer a more linear learning method.

However, it's important to point out that, like any field of study, poker is always evolving. Therefore, it is recommended to combine reading books with other sources of learning, such as videos, discussion forums here at CardsChat, online trainers and hand analysis. That way, you stay up to date with the latest trends and strategies in the game.

Thus, poker strategy books are still a valuable study tool. They provide a solid theoretical foundation, detailed approaches, expert perspectives and learning autonomy. Combining them with other sources of knowledge, you can improve your poker skills and strategies.

GL