What should I study beyond the CardsChat Poker Course?

M

Murph1969

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the CC course, what should I study? I know hand rankings, position, preflop ranges pretty good but I’m still losing.

Chica_bonita

Chica_bonita

Sad Funny Lady🌬
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
Hello!🤗
It is ok. If you know the theoretical aspects well, this is not a guarantee of victory. If you lose all the time, then play only freerolls to avoid the risk of losing the bankroll.

Cardschat Freerolls are awesome: You don't play with a huge pool and it improves the quality of the game. Cardschat freerolls are a great opportunity to practice, because without practice, theory is not so strong. In addition, you will play with the same players and will be able to take notes about them - this will also help you on the way to your victories.

The Cardschat course is really great. If you haven't passed it yet, then be sure to do it.
Good luck!🤗

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How many games have you played, what kind of games, and how much are you losing? These questions are all crucial to determine, if you have played enough to even have an idea about your long term winrate.

MK_

MK_

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
US
Chips
The value of ICM, differing games theories...GTO vs Exploitative, how to find and fix your own poker leaks...

M

Murph1969

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The value of ICM, differing games theories...GTO vs Exploitative, how to find and fix your own poker leaks...
Perhaps I should have said, “where,” to study.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Perhaps I should have said, “where,” to study.
If you are struggling to beat online micro and low stakes games, then in my opinion most paid content is kind of overkill. There is lots of free stuff available on the internet, which should be enough, if you are willing to actually take in some of the advice given by proven long term winners. Nathan Villiams AKA "Blackrain79" and Bart Hansson the owner of Crushlivepoker both have a lot of videos on Youtube, where they walk though a hand send in by someone. Blackrain79 stopped doing it a few years ago, but all the old videos are still on his Youtube channel. They are mostly cash game hands, but their analysis will also apply to deeper stacked tournament hands as well. You can also find some free sample vidoes from otherwise paid sites like Tournamentpokeredge.com. For instance there are training videos by Collin Moshman, who also made the 30 day course for CC.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I think if you've learned a lot and it doesn't help you should spend more time playing, maybe you make a lot of mistakes and it's more worth practicing theory, it's good but practice is better to practice with trainers who play high limits, they will tell you your mistakes

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is free and can be consumed at your leisure - you can do 1 day at a time at any rate that suits you. There is valuable information in there for beginner and intermediate players.